Friday, October 2, 2009

We Took A Drive

We had every intention of taking pictures on our drive, but things never turn out the way we plan...
Hunter was on call today, so we decided to go look at the changing colors in one of the many mountain ranges close by. We chose the same drive we took right before we became parents. October 3, 2007, we got Panera Bread and hopped in the car, for our last meal before Keelia came into our lives. We took some pictures, but mostly just talked and thought about the future. Being almost two years exactly (missed it by one) to the day, we felt it very appropriate to take the same drive, this time, with Keelia in toe. But on the way up, I got carsick! I have never gotten carsick in my life, but today for some reason, I did and it was really bad. So we didn't take any pictures when we finally got done winding on the roads to our destination. I could barely get out of the car. So on the way home, I drove, which made a BIG difference, and I started to feel a lot better. But we had to take the longer, less windy way home. Oh well. It was so beautiful up there and I am so glad we were able to spend some time with our little family of three. We are going to take another drive next week, we hope, and hopefully get some pictures of the beautiful scenery. And hopefully I won't get sick again. Fall really is the best time of year! I look forward to the leaves changing every year, since I can remember and I just love it!
We got our new computer today. In fact, I am using it right now. It is pretty great. We had to get a new one because our old one wasn't big enough to support Hunter's programs that he needed for his classes at school. So, we finally got a new one. And it was worth the money!
We have a busy couple of days coming, and I am so excited for them, so I am gonna go to sleep. I have to get up super early tomorrow for our girl's day! I can't wait!

1 comments:

mckenzie said...

Don't you love a good drive?? I do!