Well, we are getting hammered with snow. It is exactly the kind of snow I missed out on last year. Where everything closes and we just get to stay inside and do nothing! (Except of course, when we are outside, playing in it!!) I love it. It is one of the many reasons I LOVE living in Colorado and hope to never, ever leave.
So there is a lot of snow. And Keelia has NEVER gone to play in it. Just a few days ago, I mentioned we were going to remedy that. Well, today we got to. It was AWESOME. (Besides the fact that I realized this afternoon, that we didn't have any mittens that would fit her and had to run to Target in the blizzard to get some so she could play in the snow.) Anyway, we had the best time playing in the snow. Jen, Jeff, and Will came over, and Leslie, Tommy, and Zack. Jeff shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, and threw snow at me with his shovel. Jen and Will played in the snow as long as Will could stand it. Tommy didn't want to play in the snow, because he played in the snow earlier in the day with his mommy. (So she didn't come out either.) But Zack joined us in the snow. Needless to say, we had a good time.
At first, Keelia didn't really like the snow. She kept trying it out, but kept going back inside. Then FINALLY, she started to LOVE it. And I mean REALLY love it. I started building a snowman (after I made my snow angel, because really, what else do you do in the snow?) and she joined in. It was so fun. We had a blast together. We probably spent an hour building the snowman. At first, I was doubtful that it would ever look like a snowman, but it eventually did. A short, stumpy snowman, but a snowman nonetheless.
Hunter got home just in time to help finish the shoveling and to help us put a face on our snowman. My mom took pictures for us, but then went inside to start the soup dinner. Which is the real reason everyone came over tonight. The snow playing was just a bonus. We had yummy soup and french bread for dinner. And my mom made chocolate pudding for dessert. It was a great way to celebrate our first of two (that's right, TWO) snow days!
Here are a bunch of pictures of us playing in the snow. And I mean a BUNCH.
9 years ago



9 comments:
I love how rosey Keeli's cheeks got!
(Can you email me the ones of Will please?)
The picture of you and Keelia is adorable!! And I love your snowman!
I am so jealous!!!! I want snow. mMaybe I should move to colorado...
WOW, that is a ton of snow! And I have been complaining about how cold it has been here, no snow that has stuck on the ground yet though! Hope your halloween warms up a bit so your little doll can do some trick or treating:)
I'm so glad I braved the roads to come over last night. We had a lot of fun!
I too LOVE the picture of you and Keelia!! So cute!! Sure glad the snow is at your house and not mine!! :) lol
You are such a cute mom! I love that picture of you and Keelia together. And I love how much you love the snow :) I love snow, too...as long as I don't have to drive in it :)
I am so freaking jealous.
Fun! Looking at your pictures actually made me miss the snow right now! Fun stuff, snow days are fun, because everyone just hangs out together! Oh, and I can totally relate to Keelia, I am sick too :(
Post a Comment