Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Same Stuff, More Or Less

Well, I thought for sure I wasn't ovulating at all, which would explain my lack of pregnancy, but I had a (basal) temperature spike yesterday. But I was so tired, that I got out of bed before I took my temperature, and then remembered that you are supposed to take your temperature before you move or even talk, so I took it after I laid down again and tried to relax. So I thought maybe it was higher because I had moved around. But this morning, it was still high. Which means I ovulated. Apparently you get a temperature spike the day after ovulation. (Needless to say, I have learned way more about reading and taking basal temperatures than I ever wanted to in my whole life.) So if that is the case, I ovulate WAY later than the doctor ever thought possible, this cycle it was day 21. So at least I know that my doctor (and I) haven't been crazy this whole time and maybe I have been ovulating.
But that still doesn't explain the lack of pregnancy. Unless of course, I have been ovulating this late the whole time and we have just "missed" it. My doctor told us to concentrate on days 9-16, which is great, but that doesn't account for late ovulation. What I do wish is that I would have been taking my basal temperature this whole time, so that I would know when I was ovulating. Because those ovulation predictor kits don't work for me. I didn't get a positive once, but according to my temperature, I ovulated. So who knows. We are still going to go to the specialist next week and see what he says. Maybe he can just give us a little more direction. We are also scheduled to go to the LDS Family Services adoption orientation later on this month. We are both so open to adoption and we want to learn more about it, so we are going to the first, preliminary meeting to get more information about the process and our options. We have made it a matter of prayer and feel that we need to look at all of the options we have available so that we can add more kids to our family, and soon! We are very excited to explore our options.
Anyway, that is all for now. I will let everyone know if and when we know more about anything.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Katie! You are such an amazing person. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I have also found that if I just keep praying and thinking about how much Heavenly Father loves me I feel much better about myself. So thanks for you encouragement!
FUNNY thing. I was a super late ovulator! I'm praying for you! Know that I think you are such a great person and I am glad that we have become friends!

Adam & Rachel said...

I thought it was interesting reading about your ovulation because I finally figured out that I ovulate later too. All the time I was trying to get pregnant with Angela I did the whole temperature thing but found it hard to see a spike and I got really frustrated and sort of gave up and figured it would happen when it was supposed to, which it magically did after about a year. Then I started doing the ovulation tests when I wanted to start trying again and I found that I ovulate on day 19 and I feel pretty crappie during the time I ovulate, which may explain why I wasn't getting pregnant because I probably wasn't in the mood if ya know what I'm sayin’. Anyways...sure enough I got pregnant right away....and even though I miscarried....I finally figured out my body....it just took a few years. What I'm trying to say is....I think through all of this trial I bet you'll figure out yours and I have a feeling the Lord is blessing you through this experience. Best of luck to you guys! :)