Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dear Keelia,

Today you turn two years old. I can barely believe it! It feels like just yesterday we were welcoming you to our family and now we can't even remember what life was like before you joined it. I am so grateful that you chose me to be your mom. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for you. You are such a sweet little girl and I love getting to spend my days watching you learn and grow. You are growing up too fast, right before my eyes, and there is not much I can do about it, but be glad that I am getting to be a part of the wonderful person you are becoming.
I really hope you have a great birthday. We worked hard to make it really special for you, so I hope it turns out that way. This year, you wanted a Dora party, so that is what we did for you! It was a lot of fun to get it all ready for you.
Here are some things that you have been doing lately. I want to write them down so we don't forget.

*You are always so quick to say "sorry."
*You want to "help" do just about anything with just about anyone.
*You say "I love you so, mama" often, but especially when I need to hear it.
*You wake up, talking, from your naps and your sleep at night. It is super cute.
*You call out "mama, daddy, where are you?" when you can't find us or we take too long getting you out of bed.
*You are becoming more and more independent every day and you need me less and less. Which is good, but sad for me at the same time.
*You love everyone. You try so hard to share and be nice to everyone around.
*You just started opening doors (like to the garage and down to the basement stairs) and throwing things down them. When we can't find something, we start by looking there.
*You sleep so much better in your big girl bed then you did in your crib.
*You are getting two of your two year molars right now.
*You know all of your colors very well.
*You can count to ten, at least.
*You love to read books. Your favorite books right now are your "Duck and Goose" books and your "baby" book!
*You still want me to lay with you until you fall asleep, but you hardly ever rub my arm for comfort anymore. Instead, you find comfort in things you bring to bed with you. (Olivia, books, your babies)
*You understand what it means to miss someone when they are not there.
*You understand more than I think you do and you often surprise me with what comes out of your mouth.
*You say everything.
*You repeat EVERYTHING you hear.
*You are always talking about something and I love to hear your little voice.
*You give hugs and kisses to mama and daddy whenever we ask. I hope that doesn't go away any time soon.
*You want to say your prayers ALWAYS before you go to sleep. Whether it is nap or bedtime, we say prayers.
*You don't quite say them yet, but you are getting close. You whisper some of the words you know while I say them for you.
*You say things like "YAY, Target," when I tell you we have to go there again.
*You are surrounded by so many people that love you and would do anything for you.

I am sure I could add a million more things to this list, but those are just a few I can think of right now. The point is, that you are wonderful and we love you very much! We are so blessed to have you in our family. Happy birthday, Keeli-girl!

Love,
Mama

5 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Keelia!!

Jen said...

Dear Keeli,

We love you too! We're so lucky to live near you now so we can watch you grow and we can all play together. I'm so glad it's finally your Happy Birthday, as you would say.

Love,
Auntie Jen, Uncle Jeffy, and Baby Will

Cardon Times said...

Happy Birthday Keelia! You are a beautiful little girl!

Jannie said...

So, so sweet! I love how she says, "I love you so, mama!"

Amy said...

Very sweet Katie, she is such a doll! So I want to see birthday pics soon okay.