Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cold Weather Makes Everything Better

This weekend was a good one. I will be honest, I am a little disappointed in the amount of snow we got. In fact, I wouldn't even call it snow, more like hard rain. :) And I am a little sad it is going to warm up quite a bit next week. I am so ready for it to be cooler.
Last night, we hung out with Hunter's family. We were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch, but because it was cold, we decided not to. So we went to the mall and walked around and then ate at the food court. Then we headed back to the Jackson's house to hang out. It was a very fun night. We love getting to spend time with our family.
When we got home, we realized Keelia had a fever. Nothing too high, but it was still making bedtime more difficult than usual. After a lot of persuasion and tears, we finally got her to take some medicine. She was out within minutes. And she was acting kind of funny before we went to the mall, but I didn't even think about her being sick. Turns out, she is.
And after I got Keelia to bed, I crafted. It was SO good for me. I also got to watch my favorite show, so it was like the perfect, therapeutic night for me. And I am happy with my finished products, so that is good, too, right?
So Keelia woke up this morning feeling a little better, but she still had a fever and kept saying she was freezing, so we opted out of church. No need to spread the cold she has to all the other little kids in our ward.
So we all lounged around all day today and enjoyed our Sunday. I took a much needed and much deserved (if I do say so myself!) nap. It was nice and refreshing. Almost nothing better than a Sunday nap. And we watched the Broncos win tonight, too, which makes everything better. Who would have thought they would be 5-0? I sure didn't, but I sure believe they can do just about anything now.
Today was fast Sunday, and we had a family fast for our little family. We have our infertility specialist appointment on Thursday and I am excited and nervous. I have a lot of mixed emotions about the whole thing, but most importantly, I am coming to grips with it all. I didn't think it would happen, but it is finally starting to. But thank you to everyone who fasted and prayed for us. We really appreciate all the love and support from our family.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hope Keelia is feeling better. being sick is no fun. Matt's just starting to feel better.

Jannie said...

I also hope that Keelia is feeling better - I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious. I love how much you love the cold weather...I like the cold weather (but just because it means Christmas is coming up) - you always give me a better attitude about the cold! Thanks! You'll be in my prayers on Thursday...we love you guys...