Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Aquarium And Other Adventures

Well, yesterday, Jen and Will came over and we (Keelia and I) went to the park. It was SUCH a nice day and the kids had a lot of fun. I think it was the first time Keelia actually loved the park. She didn't really need a lot of help doing any of the park stuff and she just ran around playing. It was nice. She is growing up everyday.
Then today, we were going to go to the zoo. And when we were about 10 minutes from the zoo, I remembered that it was the free day at the zoo. So of course, it was a mad house. So we (and by we, I mean Jen) quickly came up with the idea of going to the aquarium. Keelia and I had never been, and Jen and Will didn't mind going again, so off we went. It was a lot of fun. I could have done without some of the noisy kids that were there on a field trip, but it was still a great time. Keelia liked seeing the fish, the turtles, and the sharks. Then we got lunch at Wendy's and headed back to Jen's to eat. Hopefully soon we will be able to go to the zoo. On the way home from Jen's, Keelia was talking about seeing the lions and zebras, so even though she was okay with seeing the fish instead, I know she would love the zoo. She has never really been, that she remembers. I took her a few times when she was like six months old, but not really since then. So it will be a fun thing to do with her when we can. Here are some pictures from the aquarium.





Then tonight, we had a craft night at Leslie's house. I made some hair bows and a letter block. Everyone worked on different projects, but it was a lot of fun. Everyone left at different times, but Jen and I didn't leave until after 11pm. We were in a crafting groove and couldn't quit. I love that we have started doing these "Young girl craft nights." They are just great!

2 comments:

Beth said...

The aquarium is so fun! We went for the first time not so long ago. I do like the zoo better because you can spend so much more time there! Hopefully you can sneak in a trip during a nice day soon!!

Jen said...

Talk about crafting groove...I did another hour by myself today during Will's nap. It's such good therapy!