Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Renewed Sense Of Hope

More than anything, that is what the specialist gave me.
I was MORE than nervous as we waited in the waiting room, having no idea what to expect, from anyone there. The nurse was SUPER nice and the doctor was too. All of the staff was really great.
So, because I am sick (I assume), my period is "late" this month. It was supposed to come yesterday, but hasn't yet. So we have a plan, from the doctor, of what to do when my period starts. He says I am ovulating and that he is going to help us with the timing and everything, so that we have the best chance to conceive. It will require a lot of ultrasounds and tests, but if it helps, it will be worth it. I am really excited to get going on this next cycle and see how every thing works out. He is taking me off the Clomid and was a little appauled that I had been on it for seven cycles. And hindsight, I am too. He is putting me on Letrozole, which is supposed to have less side effects than Clomid, and is supposed to be more helpful and work a lot faster. They are going to flush my fallopian tubes and do a semen analysis of Hunter, just to make sure everything is working properly. The doctor breifly talked to us about maybe using Artificial Insemination, if on the first month, we miss it still with our at home trying. I am hoping we can just get it on this first cycle. And I found it interesting that he told me to stop taking my basal temperature. He said it is cumbersome and not direct enough for me. So I guess I won't waste my time worrying about that anymore. And like I said, the doctor sounded very hopeful. He could see the doubt and discouragement in my face, I am sure, but it didn't seem to worry him or even make him skip a beat.
So that is where we are now. I will keep everyone updated, either way, as things happen.

9 comments:

Beth said...

I am so glad that your appointment went well! And I hope you are feeling better! We need to get together soon!!

Emily said...

Great news Katie. I hope everything works out for you really soon!

DeeDee and Jason Paul said...

yeah bear!!!! I so happy for you.

Jannie said...

I've been thinking about you all day! I'm so glad that your appointment went well!

Amy said...

So happy to hear that, it sounds like they are going to be pretty aggressive, good! Hang in there okay, and just know that things will happen.

Sly Family said...

That is so good that everything is looking up! I hope I hear even better news in the upcoming months!

Leslie said...

I'm happy that you had a good experience at the doctors!

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

Hope is so necessary and comforting in this process! best of luck to you. It will happen!!

Cierra said...

Nice! I hope the new medicine gets things going. That's good that someone suggested the ultra sounds, because seriously they are the best way to find out what is going on inside of you! I think they should do ultra sounds 1st thing to anyone having any sort of problems...we are excited for you guys, hope this new stuff works :)