So yesterday I started my new medicine. And I don't know why I thought things would be easy for me. I should just stop expecting things to be easy. But I just keep hoping I will catch a break. But not this time. For now I am just hoping the "break" I catch this month is being pregnant, cause I don't really want to go through anymore of this stuff.
My doctor told me my prescription would be $38. So that is what we budgeted and that is what I expected when I went to the pharmacy yesterday to pick it up. NOPE! It was $160 for just one month! So I called the doctor's office and told them I wasn't going to pay that much for a medicine that may or may not help me get pregnant. With all of the other things we have to pay for this month, that just put me over the top. Well the nurse was very understanding and tried to be very helpful. She found some voucher on the medicine's website for a free month's supply. So she filled it out and had me run to the office and pick it up. I then had to take it back to the pharmacy and see what they said. Well, LUCKILY, it worked. But even then, they had to call the doctor's office and change the prescription because I was only supposed to have ten pills (one month worth) and the free voucher was for thirty pills (three months worth.) And seeing how expensive it was, I was not about to waste any pills especially since I was getting them for free. I don't want to have to take this medicine for three months, but this way, if I have to, I have the medicine already. And if I am not pregnant in three months, I will probably just give up on trying to get pregnant again. But I am hoping I won't have to worry about that.
Anyway, so that is how this whole process is shaping up. I really liked the specialist we saw, but things haven't happened the way he said they would, exactly, so it has been a little frustrating. And we are only on day 4 of a LONG month. I am just going to hope and pray that everything else we have to do this month just goes smoothly with no problems.
9 years ago



4 comments:
$160!!! That's CRAZY! Glad they found a free voucher. HOLY COW. I am praying for you guys
Holy cow!! I can't believe how much they wanted you to shell out for 10 pills! Crazy! I am REALLY hoping you won't need all 3 months worth :)
good luck!
What a blessing to get three months worth of that expensive medication for free! That nurse is an angel for finding the coupon for you.
Post a Comment