Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 35

Well, this month, my body played a nasty trick on me. It got my hopes up and everything. I made it to day 35 (today) without having a period. I even had to go in this morning and get a pregnancy test. Which of course came back negative. I didn't really expect anything different, but part of me secretly hoped it would be positive and I wouldn't have to do any of the other stuff I will have to do to get pregnant. But because my progesterone level was elevated this morning as well, I have to just sit and wait for my cycle to start. As if I don't do enough waiting already?! The nurse said she anticipates me starting in the next 3-5 days. And if I don't start by Friday, to give them a call. Great.
I am fine with not being pregnant (as fine as I will ever be), but my body could have at least worked like it was supposed to, so that I could start my next round of treatments in a timely manner. But I will say I am glad that I don't have to jump start my cycle with progesterone this month. That always makes me feel really yucky and is such a pain. Plus it takes like two weeks longer. So as much as I hate waiting, I am happy to wait a short time, rather than a long time.
Anyway, that is the update on my continuous trying to get pregnant saga.

2 comments:

the Getschers said...

Hello again! I'm so sorry... I've been devastated and gotten my hopes up and cried a lot like that too. My prayers and thoughts are with you! Miss you all.

Misty said...

Good luck! i'm glad (from your last post) that the specialist gave you more hope! i hope it all works out for you soon!

i've been a total blog slacker as far as commenting lately, but I have been keeping up (mostly)!