Today was a great day. We got up and we were ON TIME to church. That is a huge accomplishment for us! (And by on time, I mean we had time to sit down and get settled before the meeting started. So maybe we were early?!) Then we headed off to the dreaded nursery class. But something was different. Keelia started asking to go to her class on Friday, then all day Saturday, and then Sunday before church. So I was hopeful that this would be our week! And, IT WAS! I went in with her and sat for a minute and then I left. She did GREAT! The only problem is between classes I went to check on her and as I turned the corner, someone opened the nursery door, and she saw me and started screaming. So I went in with her again for just a minute and calmed her down and then I left again. She did really good again during the second hour. Relief Society got out late, which is common, and I kept ignoring that little voice that said, "go get Keelia. Right now. Just go get her." And when I got there, she was one of the last to be picked up and was in tears. Apparently she did really good until other parents started coming and her friends were leaving and she realized she was still there and I was not. I guess she only cried for a minute or two, but you better believe I will be the first parent to nursery from now on. I want her to like it, so if that is what it takes for a while, that is fine with me. And I am hoping next week it will go even better! Here's to getting to enjoy (most) of church again! :)
Well, after Keelia's nap, we headed over to my sister's house for her traditional orange dinner. She has it every year, the Sunday before Halloween. It is such a fun tradition. This year we had pizza, orange breadsticks, chips and dip, carrots and dip, apples and dip, and orange sherbet drink. Plus, we had pumpkin pie cake for dessert. It was such good food! Thanks again Guellers for hosting!
After dinner, we carved pumpkins. I wish I could say Keelia loved it, but she didn't. I think she liked the idea of pumpkins and having a face carved in hers, but she didn't like cleaning the pumpkins. She gagged at the very sight of it, so we told her to go into the other room until we were done and she could help design and carve the face. She is definitely my daughter, as Jeff pointed out, but I don't ever remember gagging at pumpkin guts. Just lots of other things. :) Anyway, here are lots of pictures of carving pumpkins!
9 years ago



3 comments:
You got great pictures, thanks!
I'm glad that Keelia is doing betting in nursery - I'm nervous how Angela will take it next month. That orange party tradition is awesome! I love it! looks like so much fun!
Hooray for Keelia going to nursery! I hope she continues to enjoy it. Looks like the orange dinner and pumpkin carving were fun!
Post a Comment