Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why?

Why, oh why, is it still so warm in November? I want Winter! I am so tired of being hot. It is not fair. We live on the top floor, and with the exception of about four hours everyday, our apartment is unbearably hot. Partially due to the weather and partially due to our downstairs neighbors that, I am sure, have their heat on full blast twenty-four hours a day. Honestly, is that necessary?!
Also, I CANNOT stand people that say one thing and then do another. I think that might be my biggest pet peeve. I understand when things change and there are definitely circumstances we can't control, but just flat out saying you will do something and then not doing it? DRIVES ME BANANAS!
On a happier, less whiny note, Keelia tried "big kid" macaroni and cheese tonight and...she hated it. She wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. It was pretty funny watching her throw it as fast as she could off of her tray, until I realized I had to clean it up. And her dislike for it might have been caused by the fact that right before I tried to feed her mac and cheese, we finished splitting a hot fudge sundae with caramel and chocolate chip cookie dough chunks on it. She had to go get the second half of her flu shot tonight, and she was so upset, and I wanted to get her a treat. There happens to be a Dairy Queen right by her doctor, so we got it on the way home. And I was gonna try to save it for after dinner, but once she saw it, we could barely get in the door. She was so excited to eat it. And because I am a softy, I let her dig in. And of course, I had some too. :)
Last night, I finally made my carmel apples that I have been wanting since before Halloween. I bought the stuff to do it on Halloween, but never got to it. So I made them last night and they are dang good. We have been eating them all day today, too. I just wish it were not so hot, so I could enjoy my "Fall" treats without sweating to death. I mean Utah has already had a ton of snow, and I haven't even seen my first snow this year. It is a total shame!
Tomorrow is our Young Women's Evening of Excellence. I am excited to see how it all turns out, even though I am sure it will be good.
Well, I'm off to watch Dora, again.

6 comments:

Honey said...

In an effort to avoid your pet peeve and not drive you bananas I will state right here that I do intend to continue eating way too much ice cream. You can count on this. Love, Honey

Leslie said...

I am grateful that it isn't cold yet. We have only had snow once. Since then, it has been raining! Too bad Keeli didn't like the mac. Maybe just more exposure to it? Have fun at YW in Excellence tonight!

Jen said...

With downstairs neighbors like that the good news is you won't have an outrageous heating bill this summer.

Jannie said...

Haha, I have to admit that I've been really enjoying the nice weather...but, a little snow would make me happy as well! I am excited to go play in it with Carolyn! Keelia looks so adorable in her big Dora backpack...I think she looks so much like you in those pictures:) Hopefully YW went well; what is your calling?

Traci said...

Cousin, I wante dyou to know that I updated just for you!!! And I would be happy to have your warm weather and you can take our snow!

Beth said...

I have to admit that I am hoping for some cooler weather too! I was excited to leave the heat of Arizona and I did enjoy some cooler days, but a little snow would be nice!

BTW~We are moving the weekend of the 22nd, so let's plan to meet sometime after that! I am so excited to see you!!