So this morning, Hunter had to get up early for work, so he let me go back to bed. Mind you, I only got 45 extra minutes of sleep, but I am still grateful I got those extra minutes. Anyway, I gotten woken up abruptly with Hunter storming through our bedroom saying "they are here to replace the kitchen floor." Imagine my surprise when I came out of our room and found two Spanish speaking men tearing apart my kitchen. Now, I guess it wasn't a total surprise because I knew someday they were going to redo my kitchen, because I requested it. But I had asked the management to let me know, so I could arrange to not have Keelia or myself here. But apparently there was a mix up, and they were putting down the new tile before the office was even open, so I was stuck. I had to pretty much hold Keelia on my lap, while she kicked, and screamed, and bit. There big appliances all over our already small living space. Now I have to give it to our two tilers, they were very fast. It was probably just over an hour and it was all done. Granted, they didn't put everything back where it was, thankfully they did put back the large appliances, but for an hour after they left, I cleaned the rest of the mess. Keelia has already attempted to eat three pieces of tile, that I caught her with, and probably countless other pieces that I couldn't stop her from eating. Not to mention neither she or I got breakfast before they got here, and we had to stay out of the kitchen to let it dry. So we were both pretty cranky when we finally got to eat. And the fumes were pretty bad too, but either they have gone away or I have gotten used to them, because I don't think they are as bad anymore.
The kitchen looks way better, and I am grateful to not have tile that Keelia can pull up and break anymore. But I just wish they would have warned me they were coming. And I tried to have Hunter tell them to go away, but they didn't speak English, so in they came. Oh well. Here are some pictures of our new floor... 

8 years ago



8 comments:
What a drag that they didn't tell you about it in advance! But the tile looks great!
Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes! I love ya and can't wait to get together!!
I think it looks really good. Just be glad it is over!
The floor looks amazing it must be so nice!
Woo Hoo for a new floor huh? It looks great. Hopefully Keelia doesn't like the taste of tile too much, hee hee.
How do you get your videos to post. Mine take way too long to load and I give up. Do you size them down first or something?
its always so nice to have a new floor. i love to get my carpets cleaned! but what a pain!! holding kids still is near impossible especially at that age!
I love the flooring. It looks great!
Looks great!
Post a Comment