Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sigh...

That is only the title of my post, because that is what I did as I was trying to come up with a title.
I have had kind of a weird day. It was so good, but at the same time, it was so emotional. Which isn't necessarily bad, but no one likes to cry a lot.
We went out to my sister's ward today because my nephews and niece were doing their primary program and they wanted us to come. And of course we wanted to be there, so we packed up and went. They all did a fantastic job and we were so glad we were able to be there. After Sacrament meeting, we went to my parent's house and just hung out. My sister's family joined us for dinner. Shortly after dinner, we three Jacksons, had to head back this way because the Beehives were in charge of the monthly youth fireside, so I attended it. And am I so glad I did. We have such an incredible group of youth. I feel so blessed to be in this calling, getting to learn from their sweet testimonies. They are incredible. I get so stressed out about where our world is going, and about how I am going to raise a family when things are just going to get worse, and all kinds of worries. But when I look at how strong the youth of the Church are, I get this overwhelming feeling of peace. These youth, and others like them, will be the ones teaching my kids in Sunday school and such. I have nothing to worry about. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church. What a huge blessing that is in my life. The fireside tonight was on loving and using the scriptures. And, BOY OH BOY, did I need to hear that! I swear the fireside topic was picked just for me. :) It was just a huge neon sign to me that I need to better prepare myself as a mother, and as a person, for the things that are ahead. And then I will really have no reason to worry or fear. And I have been having a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hard time lately with a lot of things. And it is funny because I am sure people don't even notice I am having a hard time, but I am. But tonight I was reminded, and I know, that I can find the peace and comfort I need in the scriptures. I just get so caught up in everyday life, that I forget that at my finger tips, I have all the answers I need. (Sorry to be "preachy" at all, but this is like my journal, and I want to remember the hard things, with the good things when I look back at it.)
Anyway, that is our Sunday in a nutshell. Tomorrow I have to go get Keelia's blood tested for lead. Fun, fun.

0 comments: