Well, to start things off, I have been going strong since 4:15am this morning. And to be honest, I am not sure how I am still awake, let alone functioning. But I am. So I might as well blog about it, right? But I will say this about "Black Friday," it is something I look forward to all year long. In fact, now that it is over, I miss it and can't wait until next year.
My sister, my mom, and I started off our morning at Wal-Mart. I got there at 4:45am and there was no where to park. The sale started at 5:00am, but when I got there the thing I went there to get was gone already. We learned later that people got there way earlier than that, loaded their carts, and then just checked out at 5:00am, to get the sale price. Smart, mean people. Oh well. I found what I needed at Target, which was like a breath of fresh air, compared to our experience at Wal-Mart. Then we headed to Michael's and then Jo-Ann's. Jo-Ann's is an experience I will only touch on briefly because it is one that I am still trying to recover from and one that my sister may never recover from. Emotionally. :) We were there for three hours. We stood in a line to get fabric cut, as number 01. When we got in the line, they were on number 34. Meaning they had to go through 67 people before they got to us. Need I describe anymore to you? :) After that experience, Keelia joined us because Hunter had a job he had to be at. We headed to the mall to check out a few stores. An interesting choice. We couldn't find parking for like 30 minutes, so we ended up parking at the Red Robin close by and walking to the mall. It was INSANE! Then we ended up eating at Red Robin because we felt bad that we had parked there and didn't really go in. So we had lunch at Red Robin. That about did us in. We had to regroup and try to recover from our almost 8 hour adventure.
It was a fun day. I am glad that we went and got to have fun together. I didn't take any pictures because for the first few hours, I was not awake, and I was running around trying to find the best deals and sales. Gotta love "Black Friday"...
And on a side note, it totally was snowing tonight. I love the snow. I am glad that it has finally decided to start acting like Fall/Winter, instead of Summer. Bring on the snow!!
9 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment