A note about the title...I read a lot on people's blogs that say they can't post because nothing "interesting" happens to them. Well if that were the case, I should never post. Nothing interesting happens, life happens!
Well, today was a CRAZY day. It just seemed like I was running nonstop.
This morning, I was supposed to have a presidency meeting with the Beehives and it had to be cancelled. Not to mention Keelia has been running a fever on and off since last night. So I was kinda relieved to not have to go to the meeting, but it was still a stress. Also, when I got the call from the person hosting the meeting telling me we either had to find a new place or reschedule it (with 25 minutes notice), she informed me she couldn't teach the lesson at church today and so I would need to. She said she would still come and offer support. Well, she didn't even show up. Oh well. It was a good experience for me, and it was the first time I have taught these girls. They were out of control and crazy, which didn't help the flow of the lesson. What can ya do?
We were also supposed to watch baby Gunnar again, but because Keelia was sick, we didn't get to. We just figured if it was someone watching our baby and their kids were sick, we would want to know. Luckily Annie was able to find someone else to watch Gunnar. But we were sure looking forward to watching him. Maybe another time soon! He is the sweetest baby.
So with all of my apparent free time (ha ha ha), I dove into our 70 thanks cookies that we had to make. It went well, but somehow, I screwed up the recipe. Not to mention, Hunter made me make them really thick. They still tasted good, but just not as sugary as normal. It is the first time I have screwed them up. But hopefully it won't happen again. Anyway, it was a learning experience.
After church was over, I came home to finish baking the rest of the dough so we could head over to my parent's house for dinner and frosting the thanks cookies. It was good to get to see my family and it was a fun night full of frosting and sprinkling cookies. Keelia frosted a few with Meagan and Hunter, but mostly just wanted to eat the sprinkles straight out of the jars, or lick the frosting off of the cookies. We should have counted to see how many cookies we did, but it was a lot. We have a lot of traditions in our family that I love, and that is for sure one of them. It is a nice way to show people that you are thankful for them.
And what do ya know? I totally forgot to take pictures. I know my mom took a few, but I didn't. Oh well. There is always next year's festivus! :)
Tomorrow night for FHE, we are going to deliver them all, I hope. It will be quite the adventure for our little family of three, but it should be fun.
This week should be nice because Hunter is off school. He is still working, but he will work during the day and be home at night. It will be a nice change. He starts finals the 8th, but only has one actual final. For the rest of his classes he just has to turn in his final projects. It will be nice to have him be done with school for the holidays. He is so busy and he just needs time to relax. We all do!
On a side note, for those of you who know my family, today marks twelve years since the passing of my brother, Collin. It is strange to think...next year he will have been alive as long as he has been gone, in my life. It has just kinda become the new "normal." Which is good, but sad. We sure do miss him. I had wanted to go to the cemetery, but with the days being so short, it was too dark by the time we made our way out to my parent's house. Maybe sometime this week.
9 years ago



1 comments:
You are always so busy!!! :) Sorry about your brother...I've heard lots of fun stories about him! He sounds like an awesome guy!!:)
Post a Comment