We had a pretty fun weekend. Let's see if I can remember it all to write down.
On Saturday morning, we went with the Guellers and the Matt Young's to see "Fantastic Mr. Fox." It was okay. It wasn't really a kid movie, but the kids are the ones who really liked it. My sister wanted to get up and try a different movie, which is what the workers at the theater told her we could do, but we couldn't get the kids to budge. So it was fine. I didn't think it was as good as the reviews said it was, but it was fine. (Did you get that? It was fine.) Then Marshall, Mallory, and Keelia helped my mom decorate the house for Christmas. Which they love. And my mom loves having the help. After they were done, my mom and I did a little more shopping. Hunter, my dad, and Errol watched the BYU vs. Utah game and watched Keelia. (BYU won!!) But we were able to get a little more shopping done and every little bit counts. After shopping, we headed over to the Jackson's to have turkey leftovers. It was fun to hang out there and to see everyone. By this time, I was feeling like I was getting a cold, plus being OVER exhausted. So I wasn't all that fun to be around. I hope those who had to be around me forgive me. :) And of course, I went to bed as soon as I could, and Keelia was up for about two hours in the middle of the night.
So Sunday morning, we woke up late and were a little late to church. Oh well. Such is life. But we got to go to our new ward. Everyone was very nice and I think it will be pretty great. I just hope I get a calling soon. And Keelia did awesome in her new class. She was a little sad about me leaving, but didn't cry and was all smiles when I came back to pick her up. Her new teacher is super great and I am glad that she did so well. The Jeff Young's and the Guellers came to dinner and to decorate the Christmas tree. That is one of our traditions. We had a lot of fun and the kids LOVE decorating my mom's tree. It pretty much just means that the holidays are here and we better hold on to our seats because they will be over before we know it!
Yesterday, Keelia and I did some shopping with Jen and Will. On our way home with lunch, Will fell asleep and he was deep sleeping! So they got to hang out here for the afternoon and it was super fun! Keelia and Will play so well together. I am so glad they are such good friends. Then after dinner, I ran to Old Navy with my mother in law to help her do some shopping. (Are you noticing a trend of LOTS of shopping?) But I am glad to be able to help people get their Christmas stuff done. It is part of the fun and joy of the season. And last night I wrapped a few Christmas presents to help myself get organized. The mess of it all was giving me anxiety, so I had to do something!
And now that brings us to today, December 1st. I don't even know how December got here so quickly. It really just sneaks up on you, doesn't it? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this time of year. It is my favorite. I just can't get on board with how fast everything is going these days. Too fast.
I will say that I am looking forward to this week being over, only because this is Hunter's last week of school. He is done with class on the 7th and then has to finish up projects and finals. But then we get him for like 5 weeks! Well, besides working. But he will be home at night! I can't wait!!!
Anyway, time to be productive today! If you made it through this post, congrats! It was a long one.
8 years ago



3 comments:
you have done a tun of shopping. i haven't even started..
I hope you are feeling better. I have had a cold for 2 weeks. and it sucks!
The Mr. Fox show never really looked interesting to me, just kind of weird. I don't think I will be seeing it, but I do really want to see The Blindside...that looks really good. I love helping other people with their shopping, mainly because I just love getting out of the house!!!!
How come you are in a new ward? That's awesome that you want a new calling soon - made me feel guilty for enjoying my little "break" before I get a calling in my new ward :) I'm so glad that it's Hunter's last week in school for a while! Yay!
Post a Comment