Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crazy Day!

Today is one of those days that you never really think will happen, but that you have run through a hundred times in your head. However, running through it doesn't really prepare you for what actually happens when it actually happens. But before I get to that, here is a run down of the last couple of days.
Tuesday afternoon, I went to lunch with my friend Kyla and her little girl, Ellery. Ellery is about six weeks old and I have been DYING to meet her ever since she was born. But things have been busy, or we have been sick, so I didn't get to meet her until today. Keelia came with me, obviously, and it was fun to sit and visit. And Ellery is just as sweet as can be. Man, I miss having a little baby!
And then today, I went to my old friend Dara's house. She has two little girls around Keelia's age. One older and one younger. She we went over to play. It was really fun to catch up and to see our kids play together. Keelia loved having friends to play with! And Keelia because we were having so much fun, Keelia didn't take a nap. So we just went about our business and the next thing I know, I get a text message from Leslie asking if she and the boys could come over. Before I could answer, she called me crying and asking me to meet her at the hospital instead, because she didn't think she could make it to our house. So I said of course and frantically tried to get myself out the door. Completely forgetting that I told Hunter to take my car to school, so really having no way to get to the hospital, I waited for my mom to get home, so I could take her car. So I got to the hospital and hung out with the boys so Leslie could get checked in and get looked at. Matt called and asked me to go with Leslie until he could get there. So I had Hunter come get the boys from me at the hospital and bring them home to my mom and I went and met Leslie. The on call doctor examined Leslie and said she was 8, maybe 7 centimeters dilated. CRAZY! (Leslie told me earlier that she had been having contractions for over 36 hours, but nothing too regular, which is why she didn't go in sooner!) So they admitted her to the hospital and she got ready to deliver the baby. Matt got there shortly after they put her in a labor/delivery room. We were both relieved to see him come through the door! I left a little after 7pm to head to Castle Rock and pick up somethings they forgot, because they weren't expecting to have a baby that night! By the time I got back to the hospital at around 8:20pm, baby Benjamin had arrived! It was a crazy, exciting afternoon and evening. I am glad that I was able to help. The rest of the story (and probably more detailed) you can read on Leslie's blog, when she gets to writing it.
By the time I got home tonight, I was exhausted. :) You would have thought I was the one having the baby! :) Just kidding. We are so excited to have a new little guy in our family. I can't wait to go hold him and love him!

1 comments:

Sister Ward said...

That's awesome, Kate. You're such a hero to help Leslie out.