That is how I feel with this blog. I used to blog almost everyday. Then I started listening to people who told me "I had no life" because I blogged everyday, so then I got out of the habit. And now I can't even post every couple of days. Time just gets away from me and before I know it, I have missed a ton of things. So here is my attempt to catch up on life since the last time I blogged.
Thursday night, I got to hang out with my friend, Aubrey. I have known Aubrey since high school and it is always such a nice break to get together with her. Keelia was supposed to go with me, but she asserted her attitude on me, so Hunter kept her at home. Which was nice for me, but I know Aubrey likes to see her, too. Aubrey and I talked for quite a while, which is super nice, and it really makes me feel human to have actual adult conversation. Especially uninterrupted! :) After dunner with Aubrey, I met my mom, Hunter, and Keelia, at Kohl's to help my mom finish up her classroom's "Sub For Santa." Keelia was a good sport, and so was Hunter. But we had Keelia out pretty late. Good thing she is flexible, right?
The last two days, Hunter and I have been doing his work's "Sub For Santa." They just get one family in every region to buy gifts for and it is something I look forward to every year. It really helps remind me the true meaning of Christmas and helps me not get too wrapped up in all the worldly things that come along with this time of year. A number of times while buying the gifts, or wrapping them, I teared up. I can't help it. That is just how I am. My emotions are very close to the surface and they are not afraid to come out. :) How grateful I am to these families, that let us be a little part of their lives, even for a short time, and they teach me lessons I will remember my whole life. I can't wait until Keelia gets a little older and can understand it a little better. Because she is so much like, personality-wise, (Sorry, Keelia!) I think she will feel the same way about it that I do. It really is a great opportunity. I don't always love Hunter's company, but I do think they serve others pretty well.
This morning (Saturday), we went to Max and Mason's basketball game. Then later in the afternoon, I took the Gueller's Christmas card pictures. They turned out super cute and we had a lot of laughs!
I just love Christmas and I am so excited that it is coming so quickly. It really is the best time of the year!
9 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment