This morning we woke up to some snow. Nothing too bad, but it made for some slow travel time. We went to see our friend's baby, Ellery, be blessed. Ellery is such a sweet little baby. It was nice to see Kyla and Steve, even though it was brief, and we are grateful that we were able to be there for such a sweet meeting. Keelia was freaking out most of church, which is why we didn't stick around long. We got her home and put her down for a nap. It was all of two minutes of her laying in her bed and she was out cold.
Which was fine by me, because I had to start getting Hunter's birthday dinner ready. We had a great turn out and lots of food. I always make too much food, but I guess it is better to have too much than not enough, right? I made enchiladas and had Meagan and Jeff both bring different kinds of dip. And my mom made rolls and mac and cheese (for the kids.) It turned out great, I think, and Hunter had a nice (second) birthday. We had Tammy, Errol, the Cookes, my mom, the Guellers, Matt, Tommy, Zack, the Jeff Young's, and our little family of three. It was a big group, but that is part of the fun of having so much family close. We missed those who couldn't be there! Hunter made out like a bandit with presents and we had his traditional German chocolate cake. By the time it was all over, I was ready to drop. Here are some pictures...
But my mom had the kids decorate her windows with glass wax, like she does every year. And because so many of the grandkids were there, it was the perfect time. The kids had a lot of fun and the windows turned out great. Here are some pictures...
8 years ago



3 comments:
I love the name Ellrey (is that how they spelled it?) My Grandpas name is Elree. I just thought it was a cool. Anywhoo..
How fun to do wax windows! I thought those looked awesome, and your family pictures really turned out so cute!
Your mom has the coolest ideas for her grandkids! I swear one day I am going to just invite myself over so my kids can have some fun :)
Happy Birthday Hunter!
Post a Comment