Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

I LOVE Black Friday. I know, I am crazy. But there is just something so fun about the madness. I didn't even really need anything that was on sale this year, I just love to go. So we made our plan last night and tried to get some sleep. I got about 5 hours and it was not enough. But that is also part of the fun, right? :) My mom and I headed to Wal-mart at 4:30am and my sister went to Target to get in line for the store opening at 5am. We got what we needed and then headed to Target to do some shopping there, too. Then we went to Old Navy, had breakfast at Einstein Brother's, Ace Hardware, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Kohl's, and another Target. We shopped for over 9 hours. I will admit by the time we were done, I was EXHAUSTED. We have never gone for that long before and I just needed more sleep. I wasn't crabby, just tired. Which I was proud of myself for. :)
We got a lot of things that we needed and I only have a few more presents to get to be done with my Christmas shopping. Which will leave me time to help my mom get done with hers, since she works all the time and usually can't do it all by herself.
So after we shopped, I took about an hour nap, which was not enough. I felt pretty bad when I woke up, but once I started moving, I felt better.
We went to my sister's for turket leftovers for dinner. And we just hung out for a little while. I sure do love the holidays and all the fun family time we get to have. It truly is the best!

1 comments:

Jannie said...

Oh man. I was so mad at Toys R Rus for opening at midnight :) I mean, really? That's gives you no time to sleep...so I hit that store at midnight...didn't get to bed until 2 and then was back up for the 5 AM stores. Crazy :) Anyways, it probably was good, though because it didn't interfere with other store opening times so I could get what I wanted there. Anyways, this is a long comment...basically, I LOVE black friday as well (love the maddness!) and had fun shopping and got some great deals as did you!