Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tonight's Trunk-or-Treat

Tonight we went to my sister's Trunk-or-Treat. It was fun. Keelia got lots of compliments on her costume, but probably got called him or he, just as many times. What can you do? Keelia seemed to like it okay. It got tiring after a while because I carried her. My own fault there. I left her stroller at home. And she still refuses to wear shoes. So I carried her. It was fine, though. She liked getting to see all the different decorations and costumes, and said a lot of "ooooohhs." It was pretty cute. She was definitely tired when we left there. Let's hope she can do two more nights of Halloween fun.

Me with my cute skunk!

My mom with Keelia

We made a stop off at Hunter's parent's house on our way home to just say hi. Keelia did well and was happy to see her Jackson grandparents. But she was SO tired by the time we left there.
On a side note, any advice on how to get Keelia to wear shoes? If I put them on her, she takes them off. If I put shoes on her that she can't get off, she refuses to walk, and just sits on the ground and cries until I remove the shoes. It is eventually (I hope) gonna get cold, and she can't run around barefoot or in socks for too much longer. I have tried buying all different kinds, colors, and sizes of shoes. Nothing seems to work. Help!?!

9 comments:

Jen said...

What a cute stinker you have there!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute in her little skunk costume, what a DOLL! So about the shoes, are you buying them the right size? Maybe they hurt her to walk in them? Just let her find out for herself that it will be cold if she doesn't have them on. When you're indoors, just let her be barefoot or in socks, can you blame the girl? I hate shoes too, but she'll eventually figure it out. Don't worry.

Korine said...

Cute costume!!! Have you tried "squeaky shoes"? They are the shoes that squeak when they walk. I think they are so cute and I hear babies like to hear the sounds. Just an idea :)

Cardon Times said...

Cute little stinker! If you wanted you could put pink bows or something on the skunk costume so hopefully people can tell she is a girl! I think that is what I am going to do with Blythe's costume. But is is stinkin' cute nonetheless. Maybe some comfy slippers will help ease her into the shoes.... Hope you are all doing great! (I don't know if I am making any sense. Last night was rough!)

Jennie said...

So Sam was the same way with shoes around the time he first learned how to walk. He would act like his feet were stuck to the ground and just stand there until he fell over and tried to get them off. I think it's just because it's such a new thing for them to feel on their feet and they learned how to walk barefoot, which is much easier for them than with clunky shoes. Just keep putting her in them. Maybe around the house to get used to them (that's what we did with Sam) and that way if she cries and cries you can just let herself work it out until she figures it out and wants badly enough to get up and walk. After that intitial part, it didn't take Sam long at all to get used to them!

Angie said...

She looks so cute in her costume.. I love halloween..
No idea about the shoes.. After 6 kids you think I would have an idea, but the Bishop even made a comment on Saturday at our chili cook off about how Gannon wasn't wearing shoes.. yep. he hates them too.. So good luck.. :)

Kariann said...

Keelia's costume is so "stinkin" cute!lol Seriously, she looks adorable!!

Leslie said...

She looks so cute! About the shoes, neither Tommy or Zack liked them either. I just had to be more persistant then they were about wearing them. Eventually they learned that if they wanted to play outside or go on a walk, they had to have their shoes.

Nate and Kelly said...

what an adorable costume! oh, and I love your new haircut... :)