Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Am Home From San Diego...

This just might be the longest post, ever. So prepare yourselves accordingly. Keelia, my mom, and I got back last night sometime after 9pm. It was such a good trip, but towards the end, it was getting kinda long. It was nice to be home. However, we had a busy Saturday trying to get everything caught up around the house and make sure we actually had food in our house to eat for the next week. How come there are never enough hours in the day?? I swear...it was noon, and then all of a sudden it was 7:00 pm. It was crazy. Anyway, I will post more about our day later. For now, here is our trip to San Diego in a nutshell!
Keelia, Hunter, my mom, and I flew out last Friday and Keelia did so well on the flight. We were so excited to get to meet baby Will and to see Jeff and Jen, it was all we could do to not jump out of our seats. :) We got to our hotel, checked in, and headed off to meet Will. We all just hung out Friday night and played pass the baby.

Baby Will, of course!

On Saturday, we all went to the beach. My entire family, only minus my dad, plus a few of Shelley's family members that were there. It was quite the group! It was a lot of fun. We loved the beach. Keelia wasn't too sure about it, but warmed up to it after a while. She loved to eat the sand, but did not enjoy digesting it days later, if you know what I mean. We got to see a whale, some seals, and some dolphins. Hunter and Mark swam really close to the whale. It was awesome. All in all, we had a great time at the beach.

Jeff and Mark helping the Gueller kids boogie board.

Hunter and Keelia playing in the sand.

One of the only group shots I have on my camera.

Saturday evening, we went to pick up my dad at the airport and then headed to Jeff's for a BBQ out by the pool. It was a lot of fun to get to see everyone and hang out. Cousin Rob joined us at the BBQ.
Sunday was the blessing. I heard about two words, and then Keelia started screaming, so I darted for the chapel exit. But I am sure Jeff did a wonderful job. And as usual, we took a ton of pictures after the blessing.

All of the Young family.

The Jacksons with the Youngs

Jeff, Jen, and baby Will

We did our best to get all 11 grandkids in one shot. But with 6 of those 11 being one or younger, you can imagine how difficult it was. Between these two shots, everyone is pictured.

After the thousands of pictures, we went to Jeff and Jen's for a lunch. From there Matt and his family, and Sean and his family, had to leave to start their adventures home. It was short, but nice to get to see everyone. Sunday evening, the rest of us drove out to the temple so we could see it and take pictures. It was beautiful. I love that temple. It looks just like a castle.




Monday morning, we woke up really early to get Hunter and my dad on their flight home. It was an adventure, but it was a cool morning, so it was nice. On Monday afternoon, Meagan's family, and my mom, Keelia, and I drove to Anaheim to get ready for our day at Disneyland. We stayed at the Residence Inn and it was really nice. Monday night, I got to have dinner with one of my really good friends, Arin. My mom and Meagan kept Keelia for me, so I could actually get to eat and visit. Arin took me to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and we just talked and talked. It was so nice to see an old friend. She lives in Hollywood and is living the life! :) She took pictures of us, but still hasn't sent them to me, so you will be spared those pictures.
Tuesday we woke up bright and early and headed to Disneyland. Now, I haven't been since I was 8 years old. But it was just as fantastic as I remember!! And Keelia did so well. We were there like ten hours, and it was hot, but she was such a good girl. And we got to ride a lot of rides and made a ton of fun memories. Keelia's highlight was probably meeting Mickey Mouse. She loves him. She really liked his nose, and then she kept trying to push him away. It was pretty funny!! It was a lot of walking, but we barely had to wait to get on any rides. It was such a fun day. I am so glad we went.

She touched his nose...

And then she wanted him to go away.

She wouldn't even smile in the picture!

Marshall, Keelia, and I riding the Dumbo ride.

Me, Marshall, and Keelia on the Winnie the Pooh ride!

The Mickey Mouse flowers

Me and Keelia in front of the Mickey Mouse pumpkin on our way out

The castle!!

On Wednesday, we headed back down to San Diego to hang out with the Jeff Young's some more. But my sister, Keelia, and I made a stop off in L.A. to do some shopping. It was quite an adventure. Keelia was such a trooper. She really is a great little girl!! At Jeff's, there was some Rockband played, but I will spare you those pictures too. The Guellers left Thursday morning sometime. My mom, Keelia, and I just enjoyed the last few days hanging out with Jeff, Jen, and Will. We ate some good food and had a lot of fun. It was so good to see them and to get to meet Will. He is such a sweet baby! He slept through the night both Wednesday and Thursday nights while we were there. We hope he continues to do so!
On Friday, I got to go to the temple. I didn't get to do a session like I had wanted to, but I did get to go inside and serve, which has always been a dream of mine. I even rented temple clothes just to go into the Celestial room. It was absolutely gorgeous. Just breathtaking. It was an experience I will always treasure. And then mom, Keelia, and I had to race to the airport to catch our flight. It was an adventure, just like a lot of other things on this trip. But it was such a fun vacation. I think I covered most of the highlights. There are at least a million pictures between all of our different cameras, but I put up the best ones that I had. Maybe some day, I will get to see all the pictures from this trip!
And just as an extra, I had to post this picture. If you look close enough, you can see Will's ear mark in Jen's arm.

5 comments:

Tory said...

Oh my goodness, you had a blast! I bet Hunter was sad not to be with Keeli at Disneyland. Also, you look super cute in all the pictures!

Leslie said...

It was so great to see you. Sound like Disney, shopping and the Temple were awesome. I am sad that Matt and I didn't have time to go to the SD Temple- I have always wanted to go to that one too. So, maybe next time?

Misty said...

how fun! so jealous!

Sly Family said...

Don't you just love Disneyland during Halloween?!?!? What a fun vacation, I am totally jealous that you went to the beach, I love the beach! I am glad that you had a lot of fun!

Jen said...

I'm glad I read the entire post because I hadn't heard about the whale story. I guess I missed some good conversation at the BBQ while I sat in the apartment feeding.

Thanks for coming! We had so much fun!!!