Friday, October 3, 2008

The Never Ending Battle

So Keelia's hair is getting long in front. And in front only. :) So I try to put a clip or bow in it to keep it out of her face. Sometimes I do a pony tail, but she hates those, so I try to choose my timing with that wisely and somewhat infrequently. Anyway, so today, I attempted a hair clip with a flower on it. My sweet cousin, Tricia, who I love and adore, made these felt flower hair clips for Keelia that I think are adorable. Keelia loves to try and take them apart. :) But today, I tried one of those on her head, because even though she is wearing a pink shirt, she still gets called "he" more often than is normal.
Anyway, it was a priceless progression that I happened to catch on camera, trying to get a simple picture of the clip in her hair.


Her trying to run away from me. Little did she know, it helped me get a closer view of the clip.


I put this up picture for three reasons. One, you can see her BEAUTIFUL (if I do say so myself) blue eyes. Second, the nice gash she has on her forehead from hitting the wall this morning. And third, it shows the clip nicely.


And not longer than it took me to push the "picture" button on my camera, after the previous picture, she had the clip out of her hair. On goes the battle...

6 comments:

Angie said...

Funny! My girls all did the same thing. And all of them, but Emer were called boys until they were well over a year old. The funny thing is, everyone used to call Korban a girl, because he had beautiful curls in his hair very early.. HAHA.. Good times

Tory said...

Man, I feel your pain on this one! I get Bradlee all gussied up to go somewhere and before we even get there she has herself looking like crap. Now, I just put her clips in my pocket and don't put them in until we have finally reached our destination. At least then people might see that I TRIED to do her hair.

Leslie said...

Ohhhh, to have a girl and get to try and fix her hair. . . How can anyone mistake her for a girl.
Keelia is beautiful. I can't believe she is one tomorrow!

Amy said...

Wait, it gets better I promise, now Mya loves to put Pretty's in her hair we call them. She'll grow out of it.

Korine said...

She is so beautiful Katie and growing up to fast! Walking? Insane. You're such a cute mama! Congrats on your new nephew and I can't wait to see your pics of little Will!

Kyle and Serene Hardy said...

I found your blog randomly and wanted to say hi! I can't believe how much has changed...look at your little family. I am adding you to my blog list-hope you don't mind.
Serene