Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cheap Therapy

Crafting is totally like therapy for me. And as my sister says, it is WAY less expensive. And this week, I totally needed some therapy, which is why I had to spend a little time crafting today. And because I am a total loser, I crafted alone. I didn't have a way to get out to my sister's house, and I didn't think to call and ask her for a ride because she is so busy. So I didn't get to hang out with my sister and I had to craft alone. Stinky! Oh well. Hopefully next week we can get together to finish our craft for baby Will. Here is what I accomplished today.



I didn't make it from scratch. It used to have a flower painted border where I put the paper, and it was green where I painted it brown. But I liked the saying and it was on clearance at Marshall's when I was there this week, and I thought "I can totally make something out of this!" And I did. I totally love it.
Keelia had peanut butter for the first time yesterday. She LOVES it. She still hates jelly, though. But I keep trying to give her a little jelly every time, to see if I can warm her up to the idea. I usually do like 3/4 peanut butter, 1/4 jelly. But still she finds the jelly and eats around it. She is funny. And on Saturday, we will try her on milk. Cross your fingers that she is like me and will love milk. Hunter has an allergy to milk and that would be awful for her. So I am hoping she gets my genes when it comes to the milk issue.
Hunter and I are looking for a second car. Nothing too great, something REALLY cheap, but something for him to be able to go to work in, so I am not stuck all day without a car or any way to get places. We are trying to get one soon. Hopefully the beginning of next week. It seems kind of like a waste of money, but we have to do something because the one car thing is just not working for us, when we live so far away from everything. I mean, I can't even walk to a park from here. The closest one is like two miles from here, and in bad weather or something, that would be a long way with a stroller and a kid. So hopefully soon we will be able to work something out. And I always have dreams of trading in our Galant, because I HATE it, so maybe we will get two new (new to us, at least) cars soon! :)

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I feel you on the one car. It sucks!!!! We are there right now well have been for like 6 months cause our other car broke. I hate the stranded feeling!!!

Leslie said...

The sign is so cute! My kids don't like the jelly either. But both will eat a PB and Honey sandwich. Good Luck finding a car. It would be nice to be able to go places!

Beth said...

Okay, first thing... that sign is adorable. I think I am going to come down and craft something with you.
And next...My kids don't like jelly either. They actually like to eat peanut butter on crackers!
Lastly... I totally fell your pain on the car thing. That is really hard. I hope you can find something soon!!

Veena said...

Cute sign. I love that you can find something already made and then make it your own. As for the PB&J, Sara hates the PB but loves to have a jelly sandwich. Funny how different kids can be.