Last night, after she went to bed, I decorated the "dining area" with Mickey Mouse decorations. This is a family tradition from my family, the decorating, not the Mickey Mouse. And I just love it. I think it makes birthdays EXTRA special. We had to get a little creative with how small our apartment is, but it worked out, and she loved it!
We had a great day today. Keelia only took a 45 minute nap, and did very well. I figured there would be too much going on and too much excitement for her to sleep. We started the morning by opening her presents. She loved it. She would be so enthralled with the one she had just opened, that she didn't want to move onto the next present. Here are a few pictures of her opening presents. Excuse the way that Hunter and I look. We were both still waking up.



After we opened presents, we had breakfast and got ready to head to my parent's house. We went to Mallory's soccer game, but we got to spend pretty much the whole day with Marshall and Mallory. The other two boys had soccer tournaments, so each other their parents took one and we got the youngest two kids. It was fun. We went to the party store to get balloons for her party. I will have to put up a picture of those tomorrow, because I forgot. We had lunch at Wendy's because Keelia loves her some chicken nuggets!

Then we just hung out and had pizza while the men went to the Priesthood session of Conference. Then we came home and I attempted to make our two cakes for Keelia's party tomorrow. One for her to dig into with her hands, and one for everyone else to eat. The Mickey Mouse shaped one for her, needs minor repairs, so we will see how it turns out. I guess I used the wrong kind of pan or something. But my Mom is a master at cakes, so she is gonna help me save it tomorrow. :) So stay tuned for tomorrow's party pictures!!
9 years ago



8 comments:
Happy Birthday Keelia! What a sweetheart.
happy one year!
happy birthday to Keelia and to you, Katie!! she's beautiful-- that last pic of her looking at the camera... so cute!
Happy birthday!! (belated) she is such a cutie!
Sorry I didn't get a chance to call...but Happy late Birthday Keeli! We love you! I glad you got to talk to Uncle Jeffy.
Happy Birthday to sweet little Keelia, I'm so glad the day went good. Love you guys!
What a fun first birthday! I can't wait to hear how she did with her birthday cake!
What an exciting, fun-filled day for Keelia. Happy B-day!
Post a Comment