Sunday, October 5, 2008

Keelia's Birthday Party

Well, we had a successful party today. We are all sufficiently WARN OUT! The dinner was great. We had some left over food, but I think I did pretty well guessing how much to make for 19 people. We had the Gueller family (6), the Cooke family (4), Grandma and Grandpa Jackson, Grandma and Grandpa Young, Gran and Jack, and then of course, our family of three. The only bad part of the dinner was I made my fruit salad and had so much going on all at once, that I left it in the fridge. Oh well. People at some and we sent some home with everyone. All in all, it was a yummy dinner.

Here is how the table was decorated.

Here is Keelia enjoying her dinner!

Then we opened presents. Keelia was totally overwhelmed by then. She had fun though. She got a lot of fun toys from everyone. And every time she opened a new present, she would say "ooooo." Like it was the coolest thing she had ever seen. It was adorable. Mostly, she got Little People sets, which is what I asked people for, and she seems to be loving them. Keelia loved having everyone watch her every move. I don't know that she understands birthdays, but she sure seemed to enjoy it!

Here is the stack of presents she got. Thanks everyone!

Opening a card...

More cards...

Opening the last present. As you can tell by the look of her face, she had no idea quite what to do with all that was going on.

Playing with one of her new toys. The Little People Zoo that the Cooke's got her.

After presents, we stripped her down and had cake. She got her very own cake to dig into. She did okay, but she didn't really like the frosting all over her hands. She kept trying to clean her hands off with her mouth, but in reality, she was just spreading the frosting more. We got video of her eating her cake, but it is like 8 minutes long, so I don't think I can upload it on here. It is funny though. Here are some the two cakes prior to the eating.

This is the cake I made for Keelia to dig into.

This is the cake that everyone else got to eat.

Here she is fresh out of her "after cake" bath. My mom made her the hooded towel she is wearing, for her birthday. It is so big and warm. Thanks Grandma!! :)

After she got all bathed, we played "put the sticker on Mickey's ear." I made it up. I thought it would be fun for the kids, and they all loved it. They each had like 5 turns.

Here is Keelia putting her stickers on.

Marshall's turn

Mason and Mallory playing

Max even played!!

And here is what the Mickey looked like after everyone had all their turns and we used all the stickers!

There were so many pictures taken from the day, but I just wanted to post a few that I thought were cute of Keelia. I mean, I have tons from everyone eating dinner and of course TONS of her opening presents, but I just wanted to put up a few to show what fun we had!

Keelia playing with her Mickey balloon we got her on her birthday.

Tomorrow we have Keelia's one year check up. So I will post the stats after we get home from that!!

9 comments:

Tory said...

Oh, I am sad we weren't there. It looks like it was a ton of fun. Give Keeli a birthday kiss from all of us!

DeeDee and Jason Paul said...

you are such a good mom bear! I am sad i could not be there. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

DeeDee and Jason Paul said...

ok that is so weird. When i posted my comment tory had not posted her and we said almost the exact same thing! crazy

Leslie said...

It looks like it was a fun day. The cake was really cute. I didn't know you wanted Little People Sets, Sorry she got something different from us.

Kariann said...

What a fun party!! Loved the cakes!!:)

cHeRi" said...

Oh my heck...I can't believe she is 1!! How exciting!! Oh those birthdays are so much work!! I love them!! Way cute cakes!!


We are waiting to hear back because Jay gets to meet with one of the quarm of the twelve!! How cool is that...it's been 6 wks so we should hear back from them soon...then he can be baptized!! WHOO HOO!!!!

Beth said...

What fun pictures! The cake was adorable! I love those Little People sets. The twins play with Austin's old ones all the time! She is such a cutie!

Misty said...

how fun! she is getting so big! 22 lbs already? wow! =) she is an absolute doll!

Shayle said...

Happy Birthday Little One!!
What a cute party I loved the cakes!