Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 2 Of Our Halloween "Fun"

So tonight's Trunk-or-Treat was pretty lame. Which is sad to say, because it was my ward. We were told 7:00pm, and when we got there, people were out of candy and leaving already. Clearly, they started before 7:00. Oh well. I felt bad for having Meagan and her kids, and my mom, come all the way out here for it and then having it be so stinky. Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow will make up for it. But I was totally disappointed too. Not even kidding, we weren't really there long enough to snap a picture. My mom got one on her camera, but I don't have that and who knows how it turned out. It's a bad event when you can't even take pictures to post on your blog!?!
Today, Keelia and I went to our first play group with my ward. It sucked as well. I guess, usually there are a ton of people there. Not today, OF COURSE. There were two other mom's besides me, and then a nonmember friend. It was nice to get out of the house on such a beautiful day, don't get me wrong, it just wasn't the social interaction that I was needing. As we get further and further in, we are not loving our ward as much as we had hoped to. I mean, we are still trying, it is just getting more and more difficult to get acquainted with people. It just doesn't feel like we "fit." But we go to church to worship, not to "fit," so I guess it doesn't matter, right??
And I am on the outs with my hair today, too. It didn't quite turn out like it did yesterday when the stylist did my hair. I was rushed this morning trying to get ready for the playgroup, so maybe it will turn out better tomorrow if I have a little more time, but it wasn't pretty. Hunter said it looked the same, but it didn't feel the same. I am regretting not buying at least one of the fancy products that the stylist put in my hair. I am gonna go buy something tomorrow, because really, I can't look like this everyday. The whole point of getting a hair cut was to change the blah look, not enhance it!
Hopefully tomorrow I will have my hair cooperate and we will have enough fun to at least get some pictures to post! :)

6 comments:

Tory said...

You know...you would definitely fit in in our ward! I mean, if I can fit in...ANYBODY can fit it. Seriously, think about it... :o)

Angie said...

Sorry it was a crap day.. I hope it goes better today..
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Leslie said...

Happy Halloween. It's too bad about the party and the playgroup. I know it's hard moving to a new place. We still haven't really found our niche in our new ward either. Just keep hanging in there. It will get better. Things are slowly getting better for us.

Beth said...

Our ward didn't even have a Halloween party! And I know how hard it can be too move to a new ward. Hang in there! It will get better.

Jen said...

Our ward isn't doing anything either. Good thing we had a few friends decide to get together because otherwise it would be awkward for Jeff, Will, and I to dress up to hang out at home.

Kyla said...

I think that hair done by a hairdresser is WAY different! Even the expensive stuff may not work the same as when you do it yourself. Don't get down on it though because it just takes time and practice to get it right by yourself! (trust me, I have tried different hair a lot of different times and hated it for a while until I could get used to actually doing it myself) As for the ward...it is so hard to find a niche! Our ward is awesome but since they put me in nursery right away I feel the same way...just not fitting in because I am never interacting with adults! Anyway, hopefully it will get better for the both of us. And you are beautiful no matter what! Love ya!