Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 14

Well, I didn't get a positive OPK this weekend, so today I had to go in for an ultrasound to check things out. They said my follicle was very mature and over the normal size they usually are when the egg is "dropped." But my body hadn't dropped the egg yet. So they gave me a lovely shot, in my hip, of HcG (the pregnancy hormone). (And really, the only time in my life I think I will ever say this, but am I glad I have some love handles, because I didn't feel a thing! :) And apparently that shot is supposed to make my body drop the egg within 24 hours. We shall see, huh? And then I have to have another ultrasound on Wednesday to make sure the egg was released. At that point, really, what are they going to do if it wasn't released? There really is nothing that can be done. Oh well. And I have a whole routine I have to go through for the next two weeks until I get pregnant or start a new cycle. Don't get me wrong, I know they know what they are doing, but the further along in this process we get, the more I just shake my head and wonder is it really supposed to be this hard to have a baby? And as you can tell, I find it quite hard to get my hopes up at all that this is ever going to work. After a year of disappointment, reality kind of sets in.
And we still haven't heard back about Hunter's test, which seems RIDICULOUS to me, since it was done over a week ago. But, oh well. They know what they are doing, right?
Today I was VERY productive. I got all our loads of laundry done and put away, except one. Plus, I crossed almost everything off of my to do list for the week. It is a crazy week for me with all the stuff I have to do, that I am trying to use every day to the fullest. And it helps that Keelia gets up at 7am now instead of 8am. I guess I really did gain an extra hour. Who knew it would be EVERY morning that I get that extra hour? :) But I am putting it to good use.
I took Keelia to the doctor today, too, to have her ears checked. There was nothing wrong with them, but the doctor did say that maybe since she has a runny nose, the pressure from that is just starting to build up in her ears. And the only way she knows how to tell me about it is "my ear hurts." So I am glad it is nothing more serious. And she has been trying to get over her cold for about a week, so hopefully it is on it's way out! And she weighed in at 35 pounds 14 ounces. CRAZY! She is growing so fast!
So I have started to compile my Christmas lists. Not just mine, but everyone else's. That way when I see something they want, I can buy it. I like to do Christmas a little at a time, so it doesn't overwhelm me in the last few weeks of December. I like to actually enjoy Christmas and this way I get to enjoy it for longer. :)
And now I have started to ramble, so it is time to go to bed.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Well good luck with the ultrasound this Wednesday, I hope your egg does drop! I know it can be so frustrating, just try and be as positive as you can okay. Let us know about Hunters test!!

Misty said...

I'm impressed you're already starting Christmas shopping!

I hope everything they are having you do helps!

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

wow, that's quite the process you're having to go through. I'm sorry. That has to be so frustrating. But way to hang in there and be patient! Good luck! Loved the halloween pics. Your daughter is adorable - Carebears were always my favorite growing up!