Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was the anniversary (if you can call it that) of my brother Collin's death. It has been 13 years. Crazy to think about. I have been alive as long without him as I was with him, this year. If that made any sense. I sure do miss him, but know he is doing a much needed work where he is now.
We don't really do much, just spend time together and hope that that takes everyone's mind off of it. My sister invited everyone to her house to watch Monday night football and have Chinese food. And to just hang out. Everyone came but the Matt Young's. It was good to just be together and have fun. That is my favorite thing about this time of year.
Before we went to my sister's for dinner, we delivered our "thanks cookies." We got to visit with Hunter's mom and sister when we dropped their cookies off. Keelia really likes to see them and so I am glad we got the chance. We don't get to see them very often. Life is just too crazy with work and things. I hope someday that changes, but for now, we will take what we can get.
And before that, I mostly just did laundry. It is amazing how much accumulates in just a week, with only three people. Imagine what it will be like if we add to our family?! Too much laundry. :)

1 comments:

Sister Ward said...

I feel terrible, I never knew that about your brother. At least I'm glad you got to have a nice time spending time with your fam.