Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wow For A Thursday

Today was such a busy, long day. Keelia and I got up early and went to the grocery store. Then we had to take my dad to the doctor. By the time we got home and I got Keelia fed and ready for bed, there was barely enough time for me to eat myself and get ready to go to our adoption meeting. Hunter wasn't able to get work off to go with me, so my wonderful sister in law, Jen, offered to go with me. My mom came home from work a little early to watch Keelia, so she kept Will for Jen, so she could go with me. I am so glad Jen was there with me. I was SUPER emotional and it was nice to not be alone. I feel bad Jen had to sit through the meeting, but I really appreciate her going with me. I learned a lot at the meeting. It was really informative and really lit the fire inside me to adopt. But just like any other option we have on our plates, we can't afford to adopt right now. It is a long way off. So if that becomes our only option, we probably won't be able to pursue it until Hunter is out of school for good. Which was really sad for me to realize, but it is just not going to happen for us anytime soon. But I am glad I went and I am glad I learned what I did. It reaffirmed to me that I know there are more children out there that are supposed to be ours. It is just a matter of figuring out how we are supposed to get them. So needless to say, I was just pretty emotional the entire time we were there. I had NO idea what to expect from the meeting and even though everyone was pretty great, it was still really hard for me. As much as I love adoption and as great as it sounds, it is taking a step in my life I never thought I would have to take. But like I said, it is a long way off for us, so we will just have to see what happens.
Jen and I talked about a lot on our long ride home through traffic. I really am super grateful for her. She is pretty great.
When we got home and got everything settled, Jen and Will headed home. My mom, Hunter, Keelia, and I headed to Mason's Arrow of Light ceremony at the church, for scouts. We are so proud of him! It is so neat to see my wonderful nephews accomplish such great things.
When we got home, Hunter's mom stopped by to see us for a bit, which was nice. We rarely get to see Hunter's family, so we always love it when we get a chance.
And now I am headed to opening night of "New Moon" with Leslie and my mom. I am SO excited. I will let you know how it goes, but I am sure I will love it!

0 comments: