Today we had our special stake church meeting. Our ward, the ward I grew up in and had tons of fond memories from, is no longer. The ward was chopped up and put into three other wards. It was a very needed change and I really hope it helps our stake be stronger, but I can't help but feel sad that SG2 is no longer around. I will say that I am excited for the new friends and new bonds that we will get to make in our new ward. Change isn't usually easy, but it usually winds up being a good thing in the end. Plus, we are kind of in transition mode anyways. Whatever happens we will be moving in the Summer, so we won't be here too much longer. But we are happy to serve until we leave.
Tonight my mom invited everyone over to do our traditional "thanks cookies." We didn't have a ton to do this year, and with my mom's two ovens it went SUPER fast. The kids had fun decorating and eating the cookies. And let's be honest, I enjoyed a few cookies myself. :) There is just something about my mom's sugar cookies! SO good. Luckily for me, she only makes them a few times a year.
Plus, it is nice to have a reason to get together with my family. This time of year always makes me reflect on how much I have to be thankful for, especially wonderful family. They really are great and each one of our family members brings something different and special to our family. Heavenly Father's plan really is a marvelous thing and I am so glad we have eternal families.
9 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment