Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon

So last night, Leslie, my mom, and I lined up about 9:15pm for our 12:35am showing. We were about 40th in a line that was for two showings. So we felt pretty good about it. They had us lined up where you buy tickets, so it was FREEZING! So I ran home to get blankets. I got back about 9:45pm and then the line began to move. Then, a little after 10pm, some guy said they just added at 12:01am showing on a smaller screen, and we could trade our tickets in for that show if we wanted to. And that show was seating right then, so we wouldn't have to wait in the cold or sit on the concrete floor. With a sister in law who is over 36 weeks pregnant and my mom, we went ahead and traded in our tickets. And let me tell you, it was awesome. It was so much better than sitting outside on the floor. We got to chat and just hang out in our comfy seats. And the time passed so quickly. Before we knew it, it was time for the show to start. And I didn't even notice that the screen was a tiny bit smaller, because the movie was SOOO awesome!! I can't wait until I get to see it again and often, I hope. I loved "Twilight" the movie, which most people didn't, and this one blew that one out of the water. It was awesome.
Anyway, thanks again, girls, for a fun evening! It was well worth my sleep. :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so jealous you got to go! I can't wait to see it!

Angie said...

Glad to hear that you really liked it. I'm hoping that it is good. I go on Monday. And I can't wait!!!

Sly Family said...

I am seeing New Moon on Saturday (way excited), but the theater has reserved seating which I think is the greatest idea ever, so people don't have to line up hours before and freeze. I glad that you were able to turn your tickets in and get seated quickly the cold isn't fun when you have to wait in it.

Leslie said...

Completely worth the lack of sleep! It was so great; I'm giddy thinking of watching it again. I'm also VERY glad we didn't wait on the concrete floor for an extra 2 hours! I will take the smaller screen any time.