So last night, we got to hang out with our good friends Chris and CeeCee. They wanted to go see "The Dark Knight," so we dropped Keeli off with my mom asleep, and went to the movies. We haven't been to a movie together in over a year. So it was nice to be able to get away. And on a side note, I hated the movie. I mean, it was fine, but it was so disturbing. It gave me knots in my stomach. People told us it wasn't violent...boy, was that a lie! It was one of those movies I probably don't need to see again. Surprisingly, it did not give me nightmares. Don't get me wrong, it was an action packed thriller, but that is not my kind of movie. And the towards the end, when the children were involved, I just hated it. I don't do well with disturbing movies when kids are involved in any way. But I do have to say that Heath Ledger did a fantastic job as the joker. I forgot that it was even him most of the time.
Anyway, then today, we got to spend pretty much the whole day with Chris and CeeCee. We went to lunch at Panera Bread, and just hung out and talked. It was so nice to be around them and catch up. Chris went to high school with Hunter and I, and is one of Hunter's best friends, but we got to know CeeCee when we moved to Rexburg. We love them and we wish that we lived closer to them so we could see them more. Isn't it awful that all our good friends live so far away? I hate it.
Here are a couple pictures from our day today.
CeeCee, Chris, and their sweet little girl Alyssa
Alyssa being funny in Keeli's saucer
In my last Keelia update, I forgot to include one of her best tricks. She learned how to blow raspberries a few weeks ago. So now she does her best to blow them on any showing skin. She evens pulls up our shirts to get our tummies. She is so funny. But watch out if you come to visit, cause she will get you. :)
Well tomorrow is my actual birthday. Thanks everyone for the early birthday wishes. Unfortunately, I probably won't get to do much tomorrow. My sister is taking me to lunch, which will be fun, but Hunter is in school from 1-9, so there won't be much of a celebration besides lunch. Which is just awful in my opinion, but I have little control over the situation. But I celebration or not, I am sure I will find something to post about tomorrow!!
9 years ago



5 comments:
I'm so happy you found us! Happy early birthday, for sure... I hope you have a LITTLE fun, at least! Big hugs from Utah...
Happy Birthday!! :)
I think the Dark Knight is way scary when I saw it I spent the whole movie curled up in my chair with my fingers in my ears. I also took Isabelle with me but she slept the whole time - shocker considering how many gun shots and other loud noises that happen during the movie. However, I think I would enjoy it better the second time around because I know what is going to happen.
Yah, I don't know if I even want to see it, Jake loved it, but Jake loves movies like that. I'm glad that you said that because I thought maybe I would see it. Now I won't. Glad you had fun, love getting out.
Happy birthday today!!!!!! so very exciting you are now a quarter of a century old.
Post a Comment