Monday, August 25, 2008

And Thus Begins My Birthday Week...

I personally LOVE birthdays. Not just my own, everyone's. I think they should be celebrated and are a big deal. I know a lot of people don't feel that way, but I think it is so fun to have a day to celebrate each person and to make them feel really special.
Due to the craziness of the week, and my birthday falling in the middle of this week, my family decided to celebrate my birthday last night. Hunter and my Mom made dinner and we had dinner at my parent's house. Grandma Lola was there and the Guellers came to help celebrate. It was a great "first" birthday. In our family, we tend to have family parties and friend parties and neither usually fall on our birthday, so we then have our actual birthday, too. So last night Marshall kept asking me if it was my first birthday or my last birthday. He is so funny! And like I said, I love birthdays, so I am happy to draw it out as long as possible and celebrate as often as possible! :)
Anyway, here are some pictures of the festivus.


My beautiful cake. For my family party, I chose a different kind of cake than my usual, because no one really likes my favorite kind of cake...Funfetti with rainbow chip frosting. So I went with my second favorite...chocolate with cream cheese frosting. I plan on eating lots of cake this week. Anyway, Hunter made and frosted the cake. And my Mom wrote on it.


This is how I feel about getting my picture taken.


Again, with the picture taking...


Opening one of the Gueller kid's presents


Keelia enjoying the wrappings


Caught in the act :)


More wrappings


I have a feeling she is really going to like her birthday and Christmas this year!


My Mom and Dad gave me money for my birthday, which is a "boring" gift. So this year, my Mom got creative with it, and gave me all one dollar bills. This one is a shirt, because I told her I wanted some new shirts with my birthday money.


And this one she made into a ring, just because.

8 comments:

Sly Family said...

Happy Birthday! I agree with you that birthdays should be celebrated, however, my husband tends not to agree with me. Your mum's writing on the cake was amazing and I can't believe your family doesn't like funfetti cake - that is just craziness. Well I hope you have a memorable birthday

Shayle said...

Happy Birthday !!! It looks like you had a great time with family. I love you moms creative folding!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday!! I love your mom's idea with the money! So cute! I always have my mom give me gift cards! Okay, we are up in Broomfield, but I don't mind driving down there because I actually know that are a little better. So, let me know what works good for you!! I can't wait to see you!!

Traci said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow cousin! You are getting so old :) I think I would like some shirt money for my bday too!

Jen said...

It's sad that you didn't have me there for your birthday, we definitely could've taken care of the funfetti cake together. :D

Angie said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!! I love birthdays too... Other than my own..

Adam & Rachel said...

sweet birthday! aunt kim is very creative with her money folding. :)

Amy said...

Happy Day Katie, I am totally with you on the whol birthweek. In fact try and get a birth month out of it. Cute pics.