Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update

Well, Keelia's Eczema is getting worse all the time, so much worse, that it has spread to the bottom of her feet and she spends most of the night rubbing them together or rubbing them on the sheet to make them stop itching. Needless to say, it has been a long couple of days. So I finally broke down and made another appointment with the dermatologist AND a first appointment with the allergist. I am not really looking forward to the "expect to be here more than two hours just for the appointment" part of the allergist, but I guess they have to do a lot of tests on her. I am hoping because she is so young, they will avoid the whole needles to the back thing, but who knows? Also, I really hate that she has to be off her allergy medicines before she goes to either appointment for almost a week. And the appointments are a week apart. Quick math shows that for the next two weeks, she will be completely attacked by her allergies, with no outside help. Yipee...not! Welcome to the two longest weeks of my life! My biggest fear is that she is allergic to milk or something like that, that we eat all the time. It is gonna be a rocky road if that is the case. But I guess we will have to wait and see. I just hope whatever it is, they can figure something out and she can get better. I hate seeing her itch all the time. I feel so helpless, not being able to do anything to make it better.
Other than that, things seem to be great. Hunter has less than two weeks of school and is finishing up his final projects and stuff for all of his classes. We are REALLY looking forward to him having a nice, long Summer break. We BOTH need it!
On Tuesday night, my uncle was in town for business, so he came to our house to say hi. I guess that is one of the perks to living with my parents. We get to see all the family that comes to visit them! It was really fun to get to see him and catch up.
Yesterday, Keelia, my dad, and I, went downtown to help my mom with a school field trip. She teaches a unit on Japan and the kids take a trip down to Sakura Square and then get to eat Japanese food. Well, our job is to deliver the food. Everything went well and it was especially fun this year because Mallory is in my mom's class. So we got to have lunch with her and Meagan. And then last night, we took advantage of the Baskin Robbins 31 Flavors 31 cent scoop night. We had ice cream for dinner because we figured if we went early, the line wouldn't be too long. And boy were we right. We didn't have to wait at all. But while we were outside eating our ice cream, the line got so long, that people were waiting outside. So it was a good call on our part to go early. And thank goodness they only do that night once a year or I would be there eating ice cream everyday. And we all know that I don't need that!

3 comments:

Cardon Times said...

My doctor recommended good ol' Vaseline for my kids eczema. I know I tell you things all the time about this, and I really don't know if I told you this...but if you haven't already tried it, maybe it will help ease the itching on her feet. Poor girl.

Kariann said...

You poor thing!! It is non stop for poor Keelia and you!! I totally feel for you...that really stinks!! I really hope they can figure out why she is getting it so bad and figure out how to clear it up!!

Leslie said...

At least after the 2 weeks you will hopefully have information on how to best treat the eczema. The field trip and the ice cream both sound delightful!