Thursday, April 2, 2009

A New Dora??

My BIL told me about this about a week ago, but I just got around to wasting my time on Google. So apparently, starting in the Fall, Dora will no longer be 7 and will no longer look like this... (I think she has been 7 years old for almost 10 years. :))


Anyway, starting in the Fall, Dora will be 10 years old. And she will look like this...

In Nickelodeon's defense, she is pretty cute and the current Dora is not...so...cute. And it was about time she look like the rest of the characters on the show, proportionate and what not. And Keelia looked at the picture and after a few seconds said, "Dora," so apparently she isn't completely unrecognizable. But WOW! It will be interesting to see if Keelia still loves the show when the new Dora comes out. For those of you who don't know or care about Dora, consider yourselves lucky. For those of you who understand where I am coming from, this will be a big deal to our kiddos who love Dora! I have to blog about it because as I type, we are watching the same Dora episode we have seen already four previous times today. Dora is a staple in our lives. We can't live without her! I hate to admit it, but Dora saves me from a lot of tantrums and crying fits. And she gives me a few moments peace and quiet here and there throughout the day. I only hope Keelia loves the new Dora like she loves the current Dora. :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

I had no idea they were changing Dora. We had to deal with the change on Blue's Clues a few years ago and it was tough. Austin still hates Joe. Hopefully the Dora change goes better for you than the Blue's Clues change went for us!!

Leslie said...

Dora's 7 yrs old? I thought she was about 4. She looks like a toddler. Hmm. The new one is cute, but I don't think she looks enough like the old one. Is Diego growing up too? He's supposed to be older than Dora.

Jennie said...

haha thats so funny because it is the exact same in our house! Sam LOVES Dora and sometimes shes the only reason i can get things done. I'm bummed about the change because i'm worried it wont have the same effect for Sam...we'll see!

Amy said...

I know, my mom just told me that there will be a new Dora, I think she looks more like 16! Mya I'm sure will still LOVE her just the same.

Jen said...

I saw the ladies on The View arguing about this a few weeks ago. They're all outraged at Dora's change. They even went to far as to call her Dora the Whore-a. She's dressed modestly, I couldn't figure out why they were so upset. I guess cuz she doesn't look like an explorer anymore, no back pack and map?