Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday, Again?!

Today I finally got this blog updated with the Easter stuff. I have been trying to get these posts done since early Sunday morning. Well at least some of them. But finally they are done!
Today, I had to report for jury duty. When I was younger (pre-mom), I thought jury duty would be so fun! But being a caretaker for a little one leaves no time for jury duty, in my opinion. So I had to go and ask for my postponement today. They weren't very happy that I waited until the last possible second, but I had no other choice. I was waiting in hopes that my number wouldn't have to report and I could just be dismissed. But I did have to report and with no one to watch Keelia, I had to postpone. And they told me being a "stay at home mom" was not a good enough reason to get a postponement. REALLY? The guy was being so rude about it, I finally asked him if he wanted to go home and watch her so I could be a juror?! He didn't like that too much, so he let me go home. But seriously, what am I supposed to do? I can't help that in the middle of the day on a Monday, that I don't have someone sitting around ready to watch my kiddo so that I can go waste my time at the court house! Oh well. At least I didn't have to sit there all day.
And I would like to thank my sweet hubby because he got my shirt clean from the Easter egg dye! He's my hero! It was a new shirt (don't worry, I have already asked myself over and over why I would wear a new shirt to dye Easter eggs?! I obviously wasn't thinking very clearly...) and so I am super glad that it was able to be saved. Hunter is really resourceful and I am grateful for that! Thanks again, Hunter!!

4 comments:

Sly Family said...

I have jury duty next month and I am oh so thrilled about it. I am hoping my number won't be called either, but I don't think it will happen.

Kariann said...

I hope I never have to go to Jury Duty. Being a stay at home mom is a perfectly fine reason! It is a full time job!!! Bugs me when people don't think it is! :)

Misty said...

Wow! Lots of updates! Looks like you guys had fun over Easter. Ty kept pointing to his basket and saying "pees" because he wanted more candy! I'm jealous that Keelia started nursery...some day ty will go! =)

Leslie said...

Jury duty? Yuck. Matt has been called, but I haven't yet. Sounds like no fun.