Saturday, April 4, 2009

18 Months!

I can't believe it! My little girl is 18 months old! It breaks my heart how fast she is growing up, but she is so much fun! Yesterday she got weighed and measured, and she was 27 pounds (85%) and 32 7/8 inches (84%). Which apparently puts her in the 83rd percentile over all. Go figure! I will have to see how that compares to her doctor's measurements on Wednesday when she goes in for check up and shots.
Keelia is so much fun and a true joy to be around. She is really the light of our lives! I really feel blessed to be her mom and to have the chance to get to raise such a wonderful kid. She is my little buddy; we do everything together! I tried to get a picture of her, but she is just too busy. She has a very busy agenda each day and doesn't have time to be bothered for a picture. So here are a few of my attempts...(The good news about the attempts is that you can see all her curly hair!)





Keelia has quite a large vocabulary, or at least that is what I keep hearing. It seems like everyday she picks up a new word. It is so fun to hear her talking. I can't wait until she talks more. Because she tries so hard to communicate, but says all the words she knows, and then ends up mumbling quite a bit! Which is cute too, but it doesn't help us understand what she needs.
Yesterday, we bought her a potty chair. She got to pick it out and she seems to like it, but wants to stand on it instead of sit on it. Oh well. It is a work in progress. I don't want to rush her, but at least now she can get used to the idea and get used to the chair.
She still uses a pacifier, but usually only when she is really upset or really tired. Which is showing progress, because when she was younger, she had it all the time. I am not quite ready to battle with her about the pacifier. Maybe in a few months when we are completely settled in with our move and she is sleeping really well again.
She loves Dora, which I talked about in a previous post, so I won't go into it again. And she LOVES babies! That is pretty much all she plays with. My mom has these little babies that go to a doll house, and Keelia loves them. She carries them around all day, and pretty much can't function if she doesn't know where they are. It is pretty cute. She is always wanting to give kisses to other babies and is really such a sweet girl.
Happy 18 months, Keelia!! We love you.

2 comments:

Cardon Times said...

Boyd is about 27 pounds too....and a good year and a half old than her too! Sweet. She is growing so big. Sure hope we can meet her sometime....

Leslie said...

I thought she looked really tall last time we were in town!