Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Day Of Nursery

Today was Keelia's first time in nursery. She went in with ease and didn't even care that I left. Which was kinda sad for me, but I thought, "I would rather have her be happy to be there, then crying. And for me to have to go to nursery." So, the first hour went great. I went and peeked my head through the window between the blocks and I got a thumbs-up from the teacher, so I figured all was well. I went back to Relief Society, and towards the end of the opening prayer, I heard it. The sound that no mother wants to hear...the blood curdling, hysterical scream of THEIR baby! Yep. Sure enough, it was mine and she was more than unhappy. There was no consoling her. We had to get daddy out of class and leave church. She finally did calm down when we got outside and she felt the cool air and was able to get some fresh air. But she still wanted to go home. The teacher that brought her to me said nothing happened, but she usually doesn't scream like that unless something happened. I mean, they are lucky she didn't throw up all over the nursery. That is usually what she does when she is crying like that. Now keep in mind, her nap is usually 12:30-1, and when they brought her to me it was 1:25, so she was past tired. When we got home, she even chose going to bed over eating something. And anyone that knows us, knows that is a big deal! :) I need to figure out how to get the teachers to bring her to me before she is that hysterical so that maybe we don't have to leave church every week. :) But in all honesty, I think she did great for her first week. And there is always next week, right?!

2 comments:

Kariann said...

I can't believe she is old enough for nursery!! That is crazy!! Well she started out good, that's all that matters! :)

Leslie said...

Nursery is great. Even though she was hysterical at the end, it sounds like it didn't go too badly for her 1st Sunday. See what she does next week. . .