Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's Official!!

We are moving!! We are so excited to get our own place. We are moving on August 1st into a three bedroom, two bath apartment. It is out in Parker, which is about 20 or so minutes away from where we are now. It means a new ward, and a new stake, and a new start. It will be sad to leave Littleton, because we are so "comfortable" here, but it will be so good for us to get a fresh start.
It was cheaper to get a three bedroom than it was to get a two bedroom with the specials and stuff they were running this month, so it worked out perfectly for us.
We are so thankful for the time we have had to live with my parents and we will never be able to repay them for their help, but it is just time for us to be on our own. When we leave, we will have lived here eleven months. And we really just feel like it is time and what is best for us. And yes, I am sure it will be a struggle, but I know everything will be okay.
I am mostly excited to see my stuff!! I know that sounds weird, but we moved to Rexburg two weeks after we got married and got to be a "real" married couple until eight months later when we moved to Georgia and had to pack our stuff in boxes and leave it in a storage shed. And it has just stayed in boxes ever since. So I am excited to get to use my wedding gifts again :)
Here is a picture of the floor plan of our apartment. I will post more pictures when I actually get to see our apartment. We walked through a model apartment when they showed them to us.



And a real quick Keelia update...she started clapping her hands today! It is adorable. I am trying to get a video of it, and as soon as I do, I will post it!!

6 comments:

Cierra said...

Kate, you are so freakin lucky! That layout looks so nice, and big! I am really excited for you guys, and Parker is such a good area, my sister in law is from there and I really like it. Maybe if are able to come down in august we will get to see your new place!

Cierra said...

I meant to say, maybe if WE are able to come down....sorry I forgot the WE. haha. Well, Keelia's pony tail is adorable!

Jennie said...

Congratulations and good luck! Moving is soo stressful!!

Leslie said...

Yay! I am so excited for you. It looks like a big apartment. I am so happy that you will get to open up all your boxes and use your "things!"

Misty said...

Congrats! That will be exciting! We are still unpacking our stuff....ugh. I just need to throw a bunch of stuff away!

niki said...

How fun! You will love Parker! What ward will you be in?