Does anyone really know how to spell that word?? Is it one word? Is it two? Who knows...Jen?? :) Anyway...
Today has been bittersweet for us. The "sweet" part...Keeli is nine months old! I can't believe it. She is just growing up too fast. Before I know it, she will be a year. She is pulling herself up on things, every so often. Still no movement on the crawling front, but she is getting more brave and lunging forward on her hands and knees. It will probably be any day now. We are working with her, not because I necessarily want her to crawl, but because she gets frustrated when she can't do it. So I want to help her. Not like there aren't enough pictures of Keeli in this post, but I just had to post these because they are SOO cute!


More of the "sweet" part...OF COURSE! Our 4th of July celebration. We started it this morning by going to the Highlands Ranch parade. Hunter was able to come with us before work, and my Mom joined us as well. The parade was kinda weak, but it was just fun to go. Keeli seemed to enjoy it. 
Here is Keeli waving her flag at the people in the parade.
My Mom and Keeli watching the parade.
Hunter and where I was sitting :)
Then at six, Keeli and I had a BBQ with my parents, which was good. And then of course tonight, we went to the fireworks at Cornerstone Park. We were lucky because Hunter got home from work literally as we were getting ready to walk out the door. So he was able to come and be with us during the fireworks. I know Keeli was happy to have her "Da" with her us.
Keeli waiting for the fireworks to start.
My Mom waiting for the fireworks to start.
Keeli and Hunter 
Our little family!
Me and Keeli
For about the first seven minutes she just sat on Hunter's lap mesmerized by the fireworks.
After that she started to wave at them and dance at them. She was so cute to watch. :)
My Mom and I bought pants for the holiday and wore them. Here is our picture! I love my Mom so much!!
It was a fun day and we feel so blessed to live in this great country. This is one of my favorite holidays and I hope to pass that on to Keeli and the rest of our family. It is such a wonderful thing to celebrate!!
Now onto the "bitter"...Today also happens to be the second anniversary of my brother-in-law Zach's death. Hunter's one and only brother. He died about six weeks before our wedding. Zach was a special little boy, for many reasons, one of them being, he had Down Syndrome. He died at the young age of eleven. Zach used to always throw anything he could onto the roof. It was one of his favorite games and it was just part of his charm. :) So to remember him, we went to the Jackson's house and did a toy toss. My mother-in-law decided to have a packaged toys toss and then donate the toys to The Children's Hospital in Zach's memory. So Keeli, my mom, and I went and threw our toys on their roof, and then stayed and visited for a little while. Hunter went and threw his toy this morning before the parade because he had to work all day. We were so happy to be able to participate in this special event.
This is a picture of a picture of Zach.
Here Keeli and I throwing our toys.
Keeli and I
Here is a picture of part of the roof, dotted with toys.
9 years ago



7 comments:
What a sweet memory of Zach. I remember the first time I met him, he really wanted to go through my purse, so he did, and he really wanted my chapstick! He was so cute. I am glad you all had such a fun day with BBQ's, Parades, and fireworks! Sounds a lot like our fourth of july too!
I really wish we could have been there for the gift throw.
I love the pictures of Keeli. I can't wait to share the 4th with our little boy.
I love the idea that you're mother-in-law had to remember Zach. What a neat tradition to start in his memory.
I'm glad that you guys had a good day, I'm with you, the 4th is the best holiday ever. How adorable does Keeli look in her little outfit, I swear girls are the funnest to dress.
And I'm sorry about sweet little Zach, what a cute idea his mom has with the toys. Thinking of you and can't wait to see you all.
Keelia is so pretty! I love the pony tail! Looks like a fun 4th! The picture were great! Tell Aunt Kim I say hi...and dell Uncle Dick too (even though I didn't see any pictures of him--hope he's doing well). Sorry to hear about Hunter's brother. He sounds like an awesome kid.
I'm impressed that you braved the crowds to go to the parade and the fireworks with Keeli. I love her teeny tiny ponytail! I think it's great. Good luck on your Utah trip. You go out of town so much! But that makes life interesting. We need to have you guys over before you move away! Have fun on your trip.
The pictures are so cute! Keeli looks like she was having so much fun!
I think the toy toss was an awesome idea for remembering Zach, but I know the day must have still been very painful.
Post a Comment