Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Finally...The Reunion Pictures

I don't know why it has taken me so long to post about the reunion. I guess I just had so much other stuff I wanted to post, that this just took a backseat. But today is the day!
Okay, so Hunter's family reunion was in Fruitland, Utah. It was pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It was beautiful. We were right in the middle of a canyon.



It was perfect, except the heat and the bugs :) I was lucky and only got three mosquito bites and Keeli only got one, but that is because I might as well have bathed us both in Off four times a day. There is nothing worse to me than bug bites. So I did my best to not get any.
Anyway, Saturday we left here at 6am. We had a lot of fun caravaning with Hunter's Mom and Dad, and Sean and Lindsey. After all the stops and the shopping trip in the Vernal Wal-Mart, we finally got to the place around 4pm. It was a long trip. We were all VERY excited to get out of the car. So, we checked in and got settled into our rooms. Hunter and I were in a room with twin beds. And sleeping with a baby in a twin bed, which is inevitable with her not being familiar with her surroundings, is not as easy as some might think. Also, the air conditioning didn't work for the first 36 or so hours we were there in our side of the lodge. It was hot inside and outside :) But we had dinner and hung out with the family was there. Then we had a campfire and that was pretty much it.
Sunday was the anniversary celebration, Hunter's Grandpa and Grandma Kump's 50th, which is the whole reason for the reunion. Their actual anniversary was Saturday, but we celebrated on Sunday. It was so awesome to meet Hunter's extended family. Some of Cloyd's sisters are much older than him and they still came out to support Bonnie and Cloyd. It was awesome to see. Anyway, we had an awesome lunch and then Uncle Todd mceed a program where family members got up and told stories about Bonnie and Cloyd or shared memories. And then Bonnie and Cloyd got up and sang and they have such musical talent. Cloyd wrote most of the songs that they sang and it was just so special to be there. And Bonnie and Cloyd got to cut the cake all over again. It was cute to watch them feed each other.



We also took family pictures and hung out after the program. Later, we attempted to go fishing, but we didn't have any luck. But for this trip, we went to REI and bought a baby backpack!




Keeli liked it, for the most part. But she LOVED it when we were walking. She just didn't love it when we stopped. We had another campfire to end the night. The neat thing about the campfires is that Cloyd and some of Bonnie's brothers get together and sing with their guitars around the fire.
Monday we pretty much did whatever we wanted to. Most of the extended family left Sunday night or early Monday morning. I learned how to play Bocee Ball. We also went fishing again. It was Sean, Ian, Taylor, Stephen, Hunter, me, and Keeli, and I am the ONLY ONE who caught a fish. HA !!:)



Keeli, of course, had a poop explosion, so half way through the fishing, she and I had to sit in the car because I didn't grab extra clothes for her and I didn't want to risk her getting sunburned or something. Which explains why she is sitting naked, well in a diaper, in the car.

The night ended with some clean up and some fireworks, small ones, and a campfire.
Tuesday, we left about 8am. We got home right about 5:30pm. The trip home was equally as long. It was fun though. We stopped in Roosevelt, Utah and had scones at The Frontier Grill.
And I don't know how many of you have been through those small towns in Utah, but Vernal has some FANTASTIC huge dinosaurs lining their streets. And OF COURSE I was fascinated with them. I had to take pictures. I just didn't get it...I know there is a dinosaur monument near by, but does that mean you have to put huge, freaky looking dinosaurs in your town, in the weirdest places? I guess so. It wasn't just Vernal. There is a town called Dinosaur and it is about 2 miles long on the highway, and that is where the really scary looking dinosaurs were.



The freaky dinosaurs in Vernal.



The freaky dinosaurs in Dinosaur. And I can't get the top one to go straight. Sorry.


These are just some random pictures.


Bonnie and Cloyd with all the "little" kids during the family pictures. Most of them are great grandchildren, but two are grandchildren.


Here is Keeli with Lindsey and Sean.


Ian and some smoke at one of the campfires.



More campfire pictures.


Keeli at the only campfire she stayed awake for.


Hunter being Hunter.



Keeli started kissing us whenever we made the "fish" face. So we did it a lot. :)


Cute one of Hunter and Keeli.


Ian in his waders in the river.

3 comments:

Adam & Rachel said...

I loved your pictures. They were a lot of fun to see. Keelia is so cute! I love your hiking back pack for her. It rocks! PS: Poop explotions...gotta love um.

Sly Family said...

My family has a cabin in Fruitland and it literally is in the middle of nowhere, but a fun place to play. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I cannot remember the last time I went fishing. And Keelia is darling, I like the picture of her at her only camp fire... cute, cute, cute!!!

Jen said...

Now you understand maybe a little of why I haven't been home in years....and why I tell people I'm from Colorado. Small towns are so crazy, but deep down I still miss it a little bit.