Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Tooth!

Keeli got her first tooth last night. As if we weren't already sleep deprived, she had to go ahead and start pushing teeth through. It is all the way through the gums I think, but it is still small, so I am sure it will continue to grow in the next few days. She won't let me look in her mouth, really. She is fine as long as I want to rub her gums, but to actually look at it, that is asking too much. And some of you know, she was working on her top K-9 teeth awhile ago, well luckily it was not one of her "fangs." She got her left bottom central incisor. So she is like a "normal" baby! Brother Dentist, how soon do I need to start brushing her teeth??

5 comments:

Jen said...

I hope we get a picture of that as soon as you can get her to show you!

Traci said...

Yeah! That means that #2 is on the way. Cousin dental assistant says that you can get one of those finger tooth brushes and start brushing it now or let her teeth on a tooth brush. But right now she does not need her teeth brushed. We are the ones that give babies the germs that cause bacteria in their mouths through kisses. Kinda yucky!

Cassie said...

she's just getting bigger and bigger just watch out for the biting!!! on your skin not to nice

Leslie said...

You can start brushing the gums now mostly to get her used to brushing. But, when it's completely through, definitly brush her teeth regularly.

Amy said...

The first tooth, wow she really is a big girl. It's funny how many little (really huge) things happen the first year of life. She is such a little cutie.