Today Keeli is six months old! I can't believe it has been six months already. The days are sometimes long, but the months have FLOWN by! They have been eventful and I hope things calm down, from the medical stand point, so that Keeli can continue to grow and develop.
She is doing so well with her rolling over. She rolls onto her tummy and then rolls back on to her back, but she hasn't quite figured out how to get that arm from underneath herself yet. It will come with time, but she is getting there. And she does really well at sitting up by herself, too, until she gets really excited and flops backwards or tries to reach for a toy she wants and slides forward onto her tummy. Once again, she will get there, but she is doing so well. She is still teething, but nothing has come through yet. She drools like it's her job, but still no teeth. Which I am thankful for. She seems too little to have teeth just yet. She is still nursing every once in awhile, which makes things fun for me, but at this point, I just want her to be happy, whatever it takes. She is mostly formula fed and seems to be thriving. :) She has been on Enfamil's Nutramigen LIPIL thus far, but hopefully starting the early part of next week, we are going to switch her to Enfamil's Gentlease LIPIL. It has more milk protein and is cheaper and it will be better for her to be on something a little bit more like breast milk. And luckily, we won't have to change her formula anymore. She can go straight from this to cow's milk when she is a year old.
Keeli has started to eat more foods. And she is getting better at actually eating them. So far she has tried pears, peaches, which she loves, loves, loves, and carrots, which she is not sure about yet. Next on our list is sweet potatoes! We are all excited for the new food adventures.
Unfortunately, there are no pictures with this post because she is napping and we are trying to get ready to go Utah. It is a spur of the moment trip. We just found out like 36 hours ago that we had to head to Utah for Hunter to do some work stuff. So, between that and Keeli being sick, there has been no time for pictures. But she has her six month check up on Monday, so I will post some pictures of her then. And I will post her weight, too. I am excited to see how big she is getting. She is just so fun. I couldn't have asked for a more special, sweet little girl. I feel so blessed to be her Mom. I don't feel qualified most of the time, but I am glad Heavenly Father trusted me enough to send her to me. She is just the best!
9 years ago



3 comments:
I had to skip commenting on the last post, it was kind of hard to stomach...especially just before lunch.
I love that you're trying sweet potatoes soon! That sounds so good to me right now, weird!
I am glad that you were able to get the poop picture! At least she was happy after it, huh!
I cannot believe that Keeli is 6 months old! Time sure does fly. She is going to love the sweet potatoes, no doubt. So maybe you should try green beans first! Addi would not eat any other veggie once we introduced the sweet potatoe. And she turned orange!
Wow Katie, time does fly! I can't believe she is 6 months old. Now the fun really begins, she will be crawling before you know it. So you are coming to Utah, for how long? I guess if you have a Dr. appt on Monday then it's only for a couple of days huh? Maybe we will catch you next time. Are you planning on coming to the reunion?
Post a Comment