All I can say is, that is not the case with Ms. Keelia!! We put her down early, like the books have all said. She went to sleep last night and every night for about the last week between 7 and 7:30pm, and she slept exceptionally well last night. I knew it was too good to be true, but I had no idea how bad it would be! At 4:10am, she was done sleeping after her 8 1/2 hours, and wanted to be awake. We were up for exactly two hours before she would go back down. And LUCKILY, she did go back down, but that two hours killed me. I feel like a total zombie today. And then, of course, because I was up for so long, my body told me I was hungry, so I had to go have breakfast before I could even attempt to lay back down and sleep. Eventually I was able to sleep again, but I feel like I have been up since 4:10am. Not to mention it was so hot last night that I was probably awake half of the night, so uncomfortable. We live in the sauna of the house and it is awful!
Okay, okay, okay...enough whining on my part. Sorry. This whole trying to get Keelia to sleep thing is just SO hard! I had no idea. And it is really not her fault. Hunter is a bad sleeper. Well, actually, since the day she was born he has had no problem sleeping. But the 23 years before that, he was a bad sleeper. He used to have to sleep with a blanket over his head to be able to block out all the light and make his body fall asleep. And wouldn't you know it, sometimes we have to cover Keeli's eyes with a blanket so she will sleep. And the whole time we were dating, he never slept more than about six or seven hours, just because he couldn't sleep more than that. And it looks like, unfortunately, Keeli picked up his side of the sleeping genes, at least for now. Because, on the other hand, I LOVE my sleep. I could probably sleep 10-12 hours a day and be just fine with it.
And really, I have no idea why I think anyone will care so much about my sleeping troubles, but I figure maybe someone out there might. :)
I will update you on some cute things Keeli is doing, because despite our sleeping issues, she really is a sweet baby. She now tilts her head to the side, sometimes, when she looks at things or people. It is kinda hard to explain and even more impossible to catch on camera, but it is adorable. She started doing it one day when I was attempting to play peek-a-boo with her behind a pillow. She tilted her head to try and see around the pillow. And since then, she does it randomly.
She also has started to "recline" while she watches her favorite show, "My Friends Tigger and Pooh." She lays back in her boppy and watches that show. She is adorable. She loves that show and talks pretty much non-stop to the t.v. the whole time it is on. She is just so cute. I just wish she would sleep :)
On another happy note, last night I got to hang out with one of my best friends, Tory. She lives in Wyoming and came down so her husband could go to the Rockies game here. We got to hang out and it was just what I needed. Hunter kept the baby, so she could sleep, and Tory and I had her little girl, Bradlee. It was a blast. I wish that I could have snagged a picture to post, but Tory is like 8 months pregnant, so I didn't dare ask. But nonetheless, it was so fun to see her.
9 years ago



8 comments:
So Addi use to try to wake up at like 5 or 6 after going to bed at 7pm too. Finally I could not handle it because then an hour later she was asleep and I was awake. So what did I do... let her cry herself back to sleep one morning and she never did it again. Now she always wakes up after 7 which is normal for babies. Once again it was the crying thing, but it worked!
to be honest i never put him to bed that early. we do between 830 and 9 and he usually sleeps until 830 or 9. I am like you and i don't function well at all without sleep so because of that i don't feel too horrible letting him cry. like he always wakes up at at least 830 so if he wakes up earlier than 8 i let him cry because i refuse to get up that early. Most the time he will go back to sleep. if you can't take the crying try getting ear plugs for the amount of time you want her to cry?
We put Tyler down between 8:30-9:30. Sometimes later when he has taken a late nap (we only do that when we know we'll be out...e.g. today we're going to Phil's basketball game at 8:30 so he's sleeping right now - 6:30 - so he won't be a grump at the game). But, something else I do sometimes is (and don't judge me and think I'm a bad mom) is simply turn the monitor off! =) Then I'll wake up a little while later and he'll either still be crying (doesn't happen that often) or be back asleep. In the mean time - I get to sleep! =)
I'm with Traci. If you leave her alone, she'll cry but she'll go back to sleep. She'll learn fast how to fall back asleep on her own.
I'm so sorry about the sleeping thing! That's just not fun...I know sleep is soo important. I wish I had some stellar advice to give you or something! Good luck!
Good luck with the sleeping thing. I know it is so hard to let babies cry, but I am with everyone else. That's what I have done with the boys, and they are great sleepers.
Oh how I wish I could help, I too am starting to just try with Mya, but I can't just let them cry, it's so sad. I don't know at least you have the whole getting her to bed thing down, now your just working on keeping her down huh? Good luck
I'm nervous about what's going to happen to my sleeping patterns when we start having kids. I need at least 7 hours a night or I feel trashed. Hopefully I'll need less sleep as I get older and the babies start coming.
Post a Comment