Friday, June 12, 2009

Warning: Complaining Below

Today was not my favorite day. Nothing all too bad happened, but I am just in one of those moods. Got some bad news from my body, and from my doctor, and it was like every little thing just made things worse.
Plus, I feel like I am on total overload right now. I need a little me time, and it seems harder and harder to get any. Shouldn't it be the opposite in the Summer with my husband home more? One would think.
I am hoping that I will get a good night's sleep tonight and wake up feeling better tomorrow. But on the other hand, it could take a couple of days before things are back to normal.
I am just finding myself really discouraged and lacking in faith. I am really trying to be faithful, but some days I just don't feel like I have enough. And I find myself wanting answers so badly, that I start making them up or blaming people or things that aren't at fault. And that doesn't help anyone or anything. And I am done with wanting to know "why?" Now I just want to know "if?" And it just seems with every thing else going on in my life right now, something could ease up just a little bit. And maybe somethings are, just not the things that I want. When you are struggling, it is always easiest to focus on the bad, not the good.
Today got so bad, I had a soda. My first one in almost 4 weeks, and I didn't even finish it. It really didn't taste that good and it was really sugary. Not to say I won't have another in the future, but I sure won't have another any time soon. Who would have thought there would come a day that I wouldn't like the taste of soda? Surely not me.

7 comments:

Jannie said...

First of all, I am so impressed that it's been a month since you've had soda! Second, I hope that you get feeling better...you'll be in my thoughts...

Sly Family said...

Sorry that life doesn't seem to be what you want at this moment and I hope it all starts to get better soon and fast!

Quick question I know you did that thing where you can print your blog off into a book... what is that called?

Thanks!

Amy said...

Katie, I'm so sorry you're feeling blah! I wish I had some great thing to say that would make it better, but I know that things will look up, sometimes way later than we want, but they do. We love you and are thinking of you!!

I hope you're coming to the reunion???? Are you?????

Beth said...

Oh Katie...I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish I could make it all go away for you. You should see if there is a night you can get away so I can take you for ice cream!!

Korine said...

At least you recognize how you are being and acknowledge your feelings. Not a lot of people can admit their faults like that. It's a good quality. I'm sorry life is such a struggle for you right now. We all have our wims of it. Keep your head up girl. Your baby is bee-utiful!

Adam & Rachel said...

Hang in there. I bet you'll be amazed at how strong a person you can be.

Angie said...

I was glad to read this today! I know that life just completly sucks sometimes and I am glad I am not the only one who thinks it! I hope things are going better for you today! Know that we love you and your in our thoughts and prayers!