Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday Tell All

Five Senses-Smell

I love the smells that are around Christmas time...all the food and treats and, of course, the Christmas tree. We always had a real tree growing up and I even got real Christmas trees when I was in college, but three years ago, my Mom just got tired of cleaning up after it and switched to a fake tree. It was absolutely heart breaking for me. I just love traditions SO much. I have gotten a little more used to the fake one, but I will never get used to going to St. Nick's, the Christmas store, and buying the pine scented Christmas tree spray to make your fake Christmas tree smell more like a real one.



Smells are just tied so much to some of my childhood memories of Christmas. I just love it! My mom just always makes so many goodies and they just always smell so good. Not to mention, when I was little, I had this book called "The Sweet Smell of Christmas." It was a scratch and sniff book and I read it all year round waiting for Christmas to come again. I found that book at Christmas and bought it for Keelia. Hopefully she will like it when she gets a little bit older.



I also love the smell of my husband. Is that weird? Not when he is sweaty and gross, but he just smells so good :) But probably my absolutely favorite smell is a freshly bathed baby. That is probably part of the reason why Keeli takes a bath every night before bed. But we use the baby calming line, but I couldn't find a picture of that to put up. But we also like the original stuff, too.

4 comments:

Jen said...

6 days and 6 months untils Christmas! Can you believe this year is nearly half over already?!

Traci said...

Cousin, you are killing me! You are so ggod at updating your blog and I suck. So some late comments from me...

I am so glad that Keeli loves her tatoes! And I am sorry that you are so bored. I wish that I could be there to play with you. I know... move to Utah!!! And I have to agree that nothing smells better then clean babies!

Amy said...

Good job on smells, I didn't even think about Christmas smells, good one. And I'm with you about clean babies, mmmmmmm so sweet.

The Hansen Family said...

Hey! I had that book too! I LOVE that book! We got it for Ethan last Christmas and I am so excited to keep the tradition going. Love it. Christmas is rad.