Friday, June 20, 2008

Our First Date

It is kinda sad, but true. Hunter and I had our first "official" date tonight away from Keeli. Actually, I think it was our first date since our anniversary last year, which is in August, 10 months ago today. So, a long time. I mean we have run quick errands every so often if she has been asleep, but never actually left her. It was time, though. It was nice to be with just my husband. And don't get me wrong, I loved spending time with him, but I missed Keeli, A LOT. A lot more than I thought I would. But when you look at the fact that I really don't do anything without her, it is natural for me to miss her, right?? Anyway, she was so excited to see us when we got home, she just kept jumping in her saucer. It was so cute and funny.
But on our date, we went to dinner at Benihana. It is a Japanese steakhouse and it was really good. Our chef's name was Pedro, and he was a riot. He kept making comments about how he was Japanese with a name like Pedro, even though he was clearly being funny because he was not Japanese. But he cooked everything just perfect, and fast, and put on an awesome show.




(Once again, I didn't take our camera, so you will have to be satisfied with pictures I stole from the internet.)

Then, because we got done so fast, we went and ran a few errands and did some last minute things to get ready for our trip tomorrow. We are going to Hunter's family reunion for his Mom's side of the family. It is somewhere in Utah, near Duschene, I think. It looks like it will be a lot of fun and I am excited to actually get to spend some time with Hunter and Keeli at the same time. She and I do a lot of stuff without him, it will be nice to be around him for a couple of days. We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning and we won't be back until Tuesday night late. So, again, there will be a lapse in my blogging. But hopefully between Hunter and I we will be able to get some pictures of our adventures this weekend, so I have something to post upon my return.

4 comments:

Veena said...

Dating your husband gets to be so hard when there are little ones in the mix. But missing Keelia so much will probably fade because once she starts talking really good you'll desparately need that alone time with your man. I hope you have a good reunion and I guess we'll be seeing you next month.

Court and Britt said...

glad you had a fun date out!! I LOVE that resturant!! Apx summers can be brutal!! I am on summer #7, crazy I know!!!!!! Hopefully once he is not so busy you can go out more. I use to be sad to leave the kids too but not anymore, now that I have THREE I LIVE for date night!!

Jen said...

I should've read this post earlier and then I would've known you were on your way out to Duchesne when you text the other day. I've been blog slacking, sorry.

I hope you had a fantastic time! I've been reminiscing about the Uintah Basin ever since you drove through my hometown.

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you got to go out. I know it's hard to leave the little ones. But, I need those breaks with Matt for my sanity! Next date will be so much easier.