Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our First Ear Infection

So, I was gonna take Keeli to the doctor tomorrow, but we woke up this morning and I could tell that something just wasn't right. So I called and went in and turns out she has a bad ear infection. So we got her on antibiotics, but she is still in a lot of pain and is still pretty sick. She has had a low grade fever since last night and just is not her same cute self, even though she is trying REALLY hard to be a good baby. She weighed in at 18 pounds 15 1/2 ounces, which is so funny...why don't they just say 19 pounds?? But nonetheless, she is doing well weight wise. Being sick is hard because then we get thrown off our schedule and it takes us a while to adjust back to our schedule, but I am trying my best to do what is best for Keeli. After all, she is the sick one who can't do anything about it.
I am actually feeling much better today than I was yesterday and Hunter went to the doctor today to get antibiotics as well. So hopefully our sicknesses are on their way out of town!! It is Summer...are you supposed to get this sick in the Summer?? I thought that is what Winter was for!!
Tomorrow night is my Mom's annual "School's Out For Summer" camp out with Grandma, where she has all the grandkids she can get, over for a camp out in the backyard. Keeli and I will probably go, but not camp out because she is sick. But stay tuned for that. :)

7 comments:

Veena said...

I feel your pain. Ear infections are a bugger. Sara's had more than her fair share this past year and its been awful. Hopefully this will be Keelia's last--at least for a long while. Keep up the tylenol and motrin, they are lifesavers.

Amy said...

Ok so seriously we have had the gamboo here too. All of us, I mean all of us have been so sick. Me, Tay, and Mya were the first and now we are on the mend, but Jake and Dallin have it now and it just breaks my heart. Little Dallin has not kept anything down for 2 days, I can't stand to see them sick. Good luck with Keeli, oh the ear thing, such a pain. Hang in there.

Angie said...

OOO.. Ear Infections are the worst.. I am a sufferer from them and so are a couple of my kids.. I hope that ya'll are getting better.. As I say frequently, "Being sick sucks!"
Get better soon baby Keelia.. Your in our prayers..

Traci said...

I am so sorry that she has an ear infection. Nothing worse then a sick baby!

I love that your mom has a camp out. I should tell my mom about that!

Misty said...

I don't know if the doc told you but antibiotics can cause pretty nasty diaper rashes. It sounds like she already had one so use tons of desitin, butt paste, whatever you use. Also, if you can buy some of the Yo-baby yogurt, they say that helps counteract all the atomic stuff that ends up in the diaper! =) Hopefully she (and everyone) gets feeling better soon!

Sly Family said...

When I was younger I always had an ear infection!!! That is not fun for Keelia poor little girl, but atleast she has some medicine to help her get through it and a great mum!

Jen said...

I hope Keeli feels better soon. It was so great to see you guys this weekend, sorry I missed Hunter though.

I'm SO excited for the camp out pictures and am sad that we weren't able to be there this year. Share all the details, please.