Well, Keeli is feeling much better. She still has a runny nose, but she is getting a top tooth, so who knows whether it is her tooth making her nose run, or her being sick this week, or a combination. Her tooth is so close to the surface, we can totally see it, and feel the very edge, but it isn't quite through yet. Hopefully tomorrow so she will stop being so whiney!! She goes from one thing to the next without any break and it is TIRING!! :) But I love being a mom.
She has started to wave now, too. It started a couple of weeks ago, but now she gets such a reaction, she does it all the time. It not only means, "hi," it also can mean, "pick me up," and "I want that," whatever it might be. But it NEVER means goodbye. We haven't gotten that far yet. I am still in the process of trying to get a video of her waving. Maybe in the next little while I can and then I will post it. It is just so cute.
Also, she has started to talk. She said "mama" and "dada" on the same day, but of course she said "dada" first. And she only calls Hunter "dada." "Mama" is her word for EVERYTHING else. How does that work??
She has held her own bottle for a while now, but she is doing it at a lot of feedings. It has been so nice when I need her to hold it for me, but I miss feeding her. I guess I just have to start realizing that she isn't my tiny baby anymore. She is growing up SO fast. It is crazy.
Here she is holding her own bottle, like a champ.
She isn't crawling yet, but the other night I had a dream that she started to "army crawl," so I am hoping maybe soon she will do something. Although I am not so sure why I am in a hurry for her to move around. Life is so simple with her staying, mostly, in one place. She will sit up and scoot around on her butt and she turns circles while on her butt, and she lunges forward A LOT, but doesn't do anything once she lunges forward. She has started to rock on her hands and butt while sitting kinda "Indian style," but still hasn't done much moving.
Keeli knows her name. I am sure she has known it for some time, but now every time anyone says it for any reason, she is staring at you expecting you to be talking to her. She is just getting so much personality.
In this picture, I don't know if you can tell, but she is kinda shrugging her shoulders at me. I had to put it on here even though she has her eyes closed because I thought the pose was just so funny!
8 years ago



3 comments:
Oh my heck! She is just so cute! I can't wait to see her in person!!
BTW~ We are still looking for a place up there. I will let you know as soon as we figure it all out! We HAVE to get together when I get up there! I am just dying to see you!!
Wow she can hold her own bottle, I am impressed. She just seems to little. What a little cutie pie!
She is growing up so fast Can't wait to see you next week. When are you arriving?
Post a Comment